PDA

View Full Version : fruity / Battery etc

miss bass
20-11-2004, 05:07 PM
After reading the post on fruity, im thinking if it is that good why am i using battery.

What are the advantages of using battery (sequencing in cubase) over fruity loops?
Or is there more advantages of just copying / duplicating parts in Cubase.

Jus wondering :)

loopdon
20-11-2004, 06:28 PM
After reading the post on fruity, im thinking if it is that good why am i using battery.

What are the advantages of using battery (sequencing in cubase) over fruity loops?
Or is there more advantages of just copying / duplicating parts in Cubase.

Jus wondering :)

u can load battery in fruity loops, too.
i have never used battery, because you can precisely sculpture the kick (or whatever) with fruity's on-board tools.

why don't you just give it a try?

you could always export the loops to *.wav.

you can even load fruity loops as a vsti into cubase !!!

hope this makes sense :crackup:

bye

miss bass
20-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeh thats cool thanks.

Just good finding out more info.

:cool:

DJZeMigL
20-11-2004, 06:56 PM
sorry I don't really get yer question...
Do u mean what is better use in cubase as a plug-in battery or fruity OR
what is better cubase with battery vs fruity with battery OR what is better battery or fruity????

Z

xfive
20-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Yeah I'm a bit confused myself. :lol:

xfive
20-11-2004, 08:10 PM
If you are asking purely from a sequencing/arrangement standpoint then there is not much difference between copying midi notes around that trigger battery, or the patterns in fruity. The main difference would be the internal sampling engine itself... sound.... etc etc :)

miss bass
21-11-2004, 06:47 PM
LOL sorry guys.

Basically yeh WHAT IS BETTER IN YOUR OPINION.

As i hear fruity being talked about as amateur, battery being more sophisticated in ways.

But then after reading the opinons of fruity on that recent topic, it sounds pretty worth while having a butchers with it.

Hope ive explained that better :oops:

eyes without a face
21-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Fruity is anything but amateur, and thats the main misconception with all non-fruity users.. ive been using it 2 years now and everyday i learn something new with it

you've only gotta look at the amount of Fruity users on this board releasing to realise how powerful it is if used correctly

loopdon
21-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Fruity is anything but amateur, and thats the main misconception with all non-fruity users.. ive been using it 2 years now and everyday i learn something new with it

you've only gotta look at the amount of Fruity users on this board releasing to realise how powerful it is if used correctly

Fruity rox xxl :!:

miss bass
21-11-2004, 08:48 PM

Arent you fed up of telling me this lol

eyes without a face
21-11-2004, 08:49 PM
haha yes i am!

;)

miss bass
21-11-2004, 08:51 PM
haha yes i am!

;)

OK OK

loopdon
21-11-2004, 09:35 PM
;) :lol:

Jimfish
22-11-2004, 04:05 AM
yeah ive kind hat to eat my hat over fruity recently after hearing some of the results audioinjection of this board has been coming up with..

lee_lotzof
22-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Fruity is getting better and better.

YES it used to be a Amatuer 'quick fix' to mkae tunes.

But its pretty powerful - maybe the mixer could be slightly better, but with the right Plug ins etc and like anything, once you know how to manipulate the software - you can get pro results.

:clap:

I think there is still alot of people who think fruity is not on par with the rest. :rambo:

As said before, all you need ot do is see some of the results people are producing with fruity.

DJZeMigL
25-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Fruity 5 now as a sort of battery, it's called fpc, u can load samples into pads and load a midi sequence 2 trigger it :)

Fruity it's so much more complex that battery, batery is juat a sampler/ synth, so it only triggers samples (or yer own warped versions of it). Fruity is a full blown sequencer suite. Fruity can trigger samples and do some very tasty synthesis on each sample plus it can do so much more, icluding using battery with in it! but if u need 2 trigger samples from a midi keyboard or pads I would say Battery takes the prize.

I wouldn't stress 2 much, just work a little bit with fruity and check if it fits for yer working methods, then u can even try battery with in it and check if it pleases ya...

Z

fresh_an_funky_design
09-12-2004, 01:07 AM
there seems to be so much hype bout fruity. i dont know! i've yet to hear a tune that i know has been made on fruity, my only experience is watching people make speed core on it, which is enough to put any 1 off.

i say use logic pro 7 or cubase sx 3, there the industry standard!

eyes without a face
09-12-2004, 09:56 AM
check out tracks by people on here such as me, summer of sam, dustin zahn, ian lehman plus others im sure we all use Fruity and its top notch. all the hard techno kids like amok, wittekind etc use it an awful lot, and i know bigger names like to use it too.

it rocks, simple

yorkie
09-12-2004, 10:51 AM
gotta go with fruity over battery im afraid for sheer usability,

the only real advantage of using battery in my opinion is for creating a more realistic sound.. by this i mean that as you reduce the velocity of the midi notes in battery, a different sample is triggered instead of just reducing the volume of the sample. This is seen most in the acoustic kits

this must have a wide application for very dynamic, percussion driven tracks particularily in genres like jazz, rock or blues to name a few, for dance music however there is a greater emphasis on electronic sounding kits and thus acoustic kits are not used as much (IMHO). therefore this application is pretty much redundant.

thats what i think anyway...

/yorkie

278d7e64a374de26f==