PDA

View Full Version : Logic P Midi

Tyrisia
16-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Just wiped my computer's program drive to clean it up, and after reloading Logic Platinum, it ain't recognising the midi driver anymore - spent a whole day just trying to get it working and still no joy!

It's a midisport 2*2 interface into a pc - if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. It's a not so kosher version of Logic P by the way, so that may be the problem.

4play
16-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Is it XP?

If so make sure you have the right Drivers for is us you dont get the right drivers with the instalation disk! which is crap but you can get them from here if this is the problem!

www.m-audio.com

Could be a whole lot of other things but I know alot of people who have trouble with Midiman and XP!!

Tyrisia
16-04-2003, 06:34 PM
nope - it's 98se and I've had it workin fine previously so I know the drivers work ok, thanx anyhow.

DJZeMig_L
16-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Is it a USB interface... maybe u should unplug... deinstall from windows, get the most up 2 data drivers, and then do an instal... do let windows search 4 the better driver, do browse and point 2 the new driver...

It makes a big difference re-installing AFTER u've removed it completly and U pointing 2 the right place (otherwise win will roll back the old-Faulty?? Driver)!

This is probably somethin' u've tryed already but just making sure u try all the simple solutions first!

Z

Basil Rush
16-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Doubt it's got anything to do with it being or not being a kosher version, I think that's mostly fear uncertantity and doubt put about by the vendors :)

Can anything else see the midiinterface?

Tyrisia
16-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Thanx Ze but I tryed that already, still no luck!

Reaktor sees the interface, as does SX which I'm tryin 2 get me head round instead. I'd just like 2 get Logic workin 2 finish off a couple of tracks, then it's SX all the way - much better program!

MARKEG
16-04-2003, 10:52 PM
> I'd just like 2 get Logic workin 2 finish off a couple of tracks, then it's SX all the way - much better program!

Sorry to change the convo - let-s all try to help t out here - but logic user changes to cubase sx????? i think that says alot about sx.

MARKEG
16-04-2003, 10:52 PM
In fact, I'll start another topic about this so as not to change the subject matter here...

Jimfish
17-04-2003, 01:31 AM
If thats the one i gave you it should b fine...i used to run it with a midisport 2x2 usb myself!
ive got a midiman disc with the drivers on if you want it...

anyway, SX is on that CD youve got with logic - get into that instead!
there is no point in using logic on pc anymore (or wont be soon anyhow)- they have are phasing it out on pc and moving solely to mac since aplle bought emagic...

DJZeMig_L
17-04-2003, 11:20 AM
I'm not a logic power user... but I know there is some configuring needed in the enviorment page!!!. Like creating a new instrument 4 each of yer Hardw. instruments.... But I guess if u've been using logic you know this a lot bettern than I do.... just checking anyhow!

Z

Tyrisia
17-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Yeah Jim, I'm usin the copy u gave me, and as it's worked before it should work again, but isn't :( . Had a good look at SX last night and figured most of the basic functions out, although can't create a midi file yet, gave up and got a space cake and a bottle of JD in me instead!

Did try to delete and reinstall multi instruments in the environment, but still no luck - I can't think of anythin else 2 try, but cheers anyhow Ze.

DJZeMig_L
17-04-2003, 08:36 PM
:( In Sx 2 get a midi file u work the normal way.. in the end use file, export.. midi file (type 1)...

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==