PDA

View Full Version : australian_bodycare rmx

detfella
23-11-2004, 05:54 AM
australian bodycare rmx (http://www.algorhythms.co.uk/allsorts/australian_bodycare_(det-rmx).mp3)

seems like this is the popular choice of tracks to remix! this is my half-finished effort - clocking in @ 145BPM :shock: :rambo:

ceylon82
23-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Hi Detfella,

I just listened to your track and i thoughouly enjoyed it. The unworldly timbre's sitting low in the mix until the break downs (and/or builds) add a dark menacing atmoshpehere to already insanely filfthy techno track :twisted: .

I can only guess it was something like the ohm boys mobile ohm or PSP Nitro that was responsible for the feeding back fx thoughout the mix. Unfortunately i am listening to this at work on a set of 4" drivers and hence i cant appreciate alot of the lower frequency spectrum of the track. That said, the initial drums are clear and everything but clean which only adds to the feeling of the track.

The only thing of detriment to the track in my opinion is the audibility of the acid kinda lead that kicks in at around 3 minutes. It is sitting a little deep in the mix and is being masked by a couple of other sounds in the last section. But then again you faded that lead out so my ears might be taking the wrong focul point within the section.

Overall i enjoyed the style and intensity of the track. The changes are well orchestated and alleviate the problem of sounding to repetative. The FX work is mind bending, the percussion and vocal snippets (or weird FX?) all roll with the beats helping it to flow the way it does.

Thanks for posting and I hope that:
A)My feedback was helpfull, and
B)I will be hearing more from you soon. :clap:

detfella
23-11-2004, 06:41 AM
yeah very helpfull, cheers! i did use some ohmboyz but that effect is smart electronix's sloper coupled with a delay. wasn't sure whether that breakdown was too much, i have a tendancy to go overboard :lol:

now i must retire, its 6.40am ... :crackup: :doh:

crazyxray
23-11-2004, 06:17 PM
hey guys, please try to post your mixes in the general thread which i have opened for it. some friends told me that there are other mixes here in BOA. thats not so good. because it could be that i miss to find them.
or if you like to do a new thread please send a pm to me.
otherwise i can not guarantee that your work will take part of the competition.

by the way: good work above. Thx. i have saved this one to the collection

stjohn
24-11-2004, 03:00 PM
that tunes bounced me around the room for about 4:04 mins
;)
nice stuff

The Overfiend
24-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Det is a nut!!!!!!!!

detfella
25-11-2004, 04:09 AM
google image search 'nut'

http://www.inluminent.com/imagine/w_kylacole13.jpg

detfella
25-11-2004, 04:10 AM
or this?

http://guild.telefragged.com/skins/snapshots/male/nut.jpg

dan the acid man
26-11-2004, 02:29 PM
this once again is very good, you really have your own sound :cool:

detfella
28-11-2004, 03:45 AM
cheers dan :)

j_s
28-11-2004, 01:34 PM
That is ****in mental. Crazy use of percussion sounds, works brilliantly though. The breakdown is fine too, enough going on to keep it interesting. Only suggestion would be to bring the synth that starts around 3:00 up a bit, as has already been mentioned. Other than that - top stuff.

Mindful
29-11-2004, 04:28 AM
top work detfella funky hard and as allready noted mental
very enjoyable.

BRADLEE
29-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Fecking amazing remix!!! I absolutely love this one for sure. Love the effects, the programming and just everything. great stuff!!!

detfella
08-12-2004, 11:02 AM
cheers guy, ive been aving a go at mastering but its way beyound me!! :lol: will post up nxt version, see if i made it better or worse :doh:

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 11:37 AM
You Sick Phuck!!

This is totally evil and should be banned :twisted:
There`s so much energy in this it`s making me twitch, which is a good sign.

I can imagine this being a mastering nightmare though.

I would say eq wise, the bottom end could be fuller and lower.
And the Mid range could be a touch more upfront, right slap bang in the true mid area.
There could be a little more colour to the sound somewhere as well, as it feels a little too cold and crunchy, although I`m not sure where you could achieve this. Maybe that little melody hidden away in there that comes in at 2:25 could be made a bit phatter, come extreme chorus or something, just to add some warmth to the overall sound.

Very good. :clap: :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==