PDA

View Full Version : Merging samples on CuBase???

Busho
23-11-2004, 07:51 AM
ill try and explain it the best i can :lol:

right the problem is . i need to connect duplicated samples so i can edit the entire sequence of samples instead of each induvidual sample ive tried using the glue button but when i put a fade on it , each beat fades out instead of the whole sequence :doh: can n e 1 help me coz its really gettin on my nerves :lol:

dee
23-11-2004, 12:24 PM
:eh: dont know mate sorry :cry:

ceylon82
24-11-2004, 03:23 AM
I have a feeling it is to do with the way that cubase handles its events per file.

As far as i know cubase works non destructively on your samples until you give it permission. The way it does this is by assinging event files to the particular audio file that is being edited.

So to get around this problem you would have to either duplicate the intitial sample file the amount of times it is used (which cubase asks you when you make a change to an audio file {eg, reverse, fade in, fade out}) which is the hard way in my opinion.

Another way is to bounce the duplicated sample sequence into a seperate audio file and screw around with it this way.

But if you want to have the flexibility of being able to edit each sample you might have to make a compromise and treat a few samples and mix them down in to 1,2 or 4 bar lengths and then do the event automation within cubase with these files. That way you could have say 4 seqeunces of 4 bar lenths and alternate there order within the arrange page. Alternatively load these little sequences into a sampler and play them as samples which also allows you to use the synthesis features of your sampler. Automate these perameters and the sky's the limit to what you can do with the loaded sequences. :rambo:

Hope that helped

Busho
24-11-2004, 06:05 PM
:cool: wicked!! il av a go @ that later

cheers dude :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==