PDA

View Full Version : Help me get my Edirol PCR 30 working!

Daire
23-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Got this the other day, and I still haven't figured out how to use this properly. The keys play the notes fine, but I still don't have a clue how to assign functions to the knobs/slider and buttons. My knowledge of MIDI stuff is very limited.

With work and all that Im finding it hard to sit down long enough so I can learn howe to use it. I know its something to do with the PCR Editor, but that is also wrecking my stupid head! :cry:

On the Edirol website there are downloadable contol maps for programmes like FM7 and Pro-52, but when I transfer these on to the keyboard I have no idea how to activate them.

Please help, Im going mental :doh:

Any feedback will be greatly welcome & appreciated!!!

Cheers,
Dáire

DJZeMigL
25-11-2004, 11:14 AM
M8 just take the manual with ya on the Bus/ Underground... It should b as easy as changing the patch/ program/ preset or what ever it's called in Roland's language...

On most programs it's as easy as right clicking the knob/ fader u want 2 control and the choosing link to controller ou assign 2 midi controller something like that ... most of them also feat an option called learn midi which means it will automatically assign itself 2 the controller u send when u activate the funtion, so just activate and flick the knob...

Prior 2 that u have 2 configure the program's midi input for the PCR...

That's it mainly!

Z

loopdon
26-11-2004, 11:22 PM
yeah, it is dead simple with my new uc-33e usb midi controller :love:

you just hook it up to a usb port, no driver install needed in win xp.
in fruity loop press 'F10' (make shure it's switched on :!: ) and
from 'Remote control' select USB-Audio-Device...

but wait, i see u can select the edirol 30 in fruity coz it's preset:
F10 and from 'Remote controll input' --> 'controller type' select

Edirol PCR-30/50

:cool: ;)

to assign functions such as cutoff to a knob is simple, too:

1)as mig said, rightclick on the knob you want to assign 'Link to controller' --> window opens up 'Remote controll settings' , now turn the knob you want it to be assigned to. :shock: then close window.

this works for the fruity internal stuff only, in order to assign funtions in non-fruity plugs do the following:

2)open up the plug and click on the little power-plug symbol in the upper left
then select 'browse parameters' ---> a list of the plugins parameters should pop up ont the left side (if not, click 'F8' to open the browser)
find the function u want to link to the knob, ie. cutoff, pitch...
rightclick on that 'link to controller' ---return to (1)

after all this typing, i hope you use fruity at all :doh: :oops:

Daire
28-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Thats brilliant guys, and yea Loop, I do use Fruity! I'll give this a go later on. Thanks Lads :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==