FRIDAY 26TH NOVEMBER @ THE VENUE
Calton Road, Edinburgh
10.30pm-3.00am
£7/5 Members
SPECIAL GUEST: DJ AMOK
Plus residents and local guests on both floors

----------------------------------------

DJ AMOK
Benjamin Arend, born 1981 in San Francisco, has always had his very own taste in music. Back when his classmates still sang along the Disney soundtracks, he listened to the works of Wagner and Beethoven and even learned how to play the violin. Unfortunately he had to give this up, in favor of his schoolwork. It wasn't until he had reached the age of 14, that he discovered pop which quickly lead him to trance and rave. At the age of 18 he began visiting the local techno clubs in Frankfurt and a few months later, after a tragic turn of events in his life, DJ Amok was born. This idea was all he had left, he had no money, no home, but the will to turn his crappy life to the complete opposite, to climb all the way from rock bottom to the very top. In the year that followed he started producing his first tracks and spreading them across the internet, where they where very successful on places like mp3.com. Now motivated to go all the way with this, he started creating his very own impression of techno and the sound his is known for today: extremely hard, agressive and thundering techno, dedicated to making the people go wild. As a DJ, he tries to explore the limits of just how far he can take the audience, and always tries to push the limits. Pushing the limits was also the goal of his first release on Giga-music and now that the mark has been made, he is ready for some action. Collateral Damage on Highball is DJ Amok's third EP and features 4 distinct techno pushers that have rocked dancefloors all over Europe. There are several more releases planned on labels like Kne'deep, Giga-music, Highball, Deaf Mosaic and his own label Artillery.

INFO:
www.djamok.net

MEDIA:
http://216.32.208.88/hardsignal/hardsignal_presents_-_december_2002_(mixed_by_dj_amok)-hs.zip (DJ Amok - Hardsignal Mix (December 2002)

Traxx
23-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Where's this?

Stella Boy
23-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Could it be somewhere in Scotland by any chance ?

Traxx
23-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Dunno, doesnt say in the post.

......or does it :hmm:

Stella Boy
23-11-2004, 10:00 PM
I think, just think, that the guy who posted this comes from Edinburgh so it's a good place to start :cool:

Traxx
23-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Too far for me then :cry:

daviec
23-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Aye, it's in Edinburgh. Reason I know is we tried to book him for Glasgow next month but were told we couldn't due to his date in Edinburgh.

DJ Weiss
24-11-2004, 12:49 AM
kinda makes you think about the promotion there putting on, when they dont even put the name of the city on, or the address of the club...what if someone is coming from way out of town.. how the **** are they going to find it..

promoters.. please think about this major sticking point in future!!

fiddla
24-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Crap, thought everyone knew where React was at...! Doh. :lol:

THE VENUE, 15 CALTON ROAD, EDINBURGH - SCOTLAND

DJAmok
27-11-2004, 05:54 PM
What a great night!!!

Awesome crowd, really feelin the music, great promoter, nice club, killa soundsystem....

Thanks to everyone involved and cu next time!

fiddla
27-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Nice 1 bruvva....

Massive respect to Amok who played a stomper of a set and had the crowd on edge from the first track. Quality, down-to-earth, genuine guy with a lot of talent.... unlike some other superstar djs I'll not bother going into :lol:

(4hr recording from the night will be up soon, if Amok's kind enough to let us put it up which includes a 2hr live set from the PNR DJz)

Looking forward to the next time we're lucky enough to have ya back.... respect and peace out.

PNR Crew

DJAmok
29-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Do I ever want to come back :rambo: (When that pack of brown sauce I bought at the airport is empty at the lastest :lol: )

Scotland fockin rrrrrrrulez!

And no prob with uppin the set, it´ll make the wait for next time shorter ;)

Ramkanman
03-12-2004, 04:01 PM
yep gotta be said.....Big ups Amok for a quality bangin set and for being the nice guy that he is.

Hope to c ya soon man.

278d7e64a374de26f==