PDA

View Full Version : kcab by curly

curly
23-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I feel I should post this here as i have followed advice on this forum and this is the result. I have only been producing about 18 months, and i need all the advice i can get.

thanks for all you help. : ;)

www.studio61.org/tunes/movedhome5.mp3 <latest version>

dirty_bass
24-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Hey Curly, your from the polymorphic southend/biosystem etc lot?
I`m from southend (although a long time ago) and would love to know whats going on in the old place), and if there are some gigs going on, I`d love to play in my old town to see old faces etc.

As for your tune.

It`s interesting, but none of the sounds really stand out, as they all seem too quite, and very flat in terms of eq.
Also the top end is non existant, and this means there is a lack of energy. Shove some hats n stuff in there to excite the high end frequencies, and use a lot of eq to bring out the other elements and fit them together more effectively.

curly
24-11-2004, 06:07 PM
flattered that you reconise me. There is not a lot going on in southend these days, alghough there should be a polymorphic techno party in the early part of the new year. I will keep you posted on developments. Thanks for thaking the time to listen to my tune. I intend to follow your advice on my tune.

cheers ;)

curly
24-11-2004, 08:53 PM
I have re mixed the track again and left off the mastering, i think i killed it there, i have also layered some more hats on you advice, and raised the top end on the percussion, I also feel that the reveb on the vocal was also taking up too much space, and smothered most of the other sounds.

dan the acid man
26-11-2004, 03:13 PM
the kick and bass are'nt sitting quite right for me, try taking out some of the bottom end from the kick so it sits above the bassline

curly
26-11-2004, 09:49 PM
I belive i have now eq'ed the kick ,so it sits above the bass. I have also been working on my hats as advised. I have used 3 diffrent hat sounds, with various diffrent patterns. i still think the bottom end needs quite a bit of work.

www.studio61.org/tunes/movedhome5.mp3

AcidTrash
27-11-2004, 08:26 AM
the kick and bass are'nt sitting quite right for me, try taking out some of the bottom end from the kick so it sits above the bassline

agreed.

278d7e64a374de26f==