PDA

View Full Version : Timestretch algorithms in SX

Jimfish
16-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Anybody know the difference between these?

there are:

quick
standard
high
MPEX
Drum

and a slider between sound and rhythm

and what does "always use drum mode for close gaps mean"??

DJZeMig_L
16-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Mpex 4 high quality...

this is when u do a timestrech in the main (arrange) window in SX (wasn't that a band INXS :roll: ) with the resize tool.... it aplies the standard (which u have defined in the pref.s we r talkin' about)...

But if u right click a wave and then choose process/ time streach then u can use different TS settings!

When time streaching the loop is cutdown 2 tiny 10000 of pieces, these pieces have been cut on certain timming positions (lamme example 1/16, 2/16,...) ... now what happens is that theses portions are moved back or forth so that they fall on the same timming but on a different bpm.... ie the timming grid as larger interspacing if u've made the loop slower in bpm .. or the opposite....

Now if u slow it down U'll get some gaps between clips, using the close gaps option will repeat some millisamples from the end of each clip until it meets the beguinning of the next 1!!!... thus not getting a chopped up weird sound!!

Now the option 4 more accuracy 2 sound or drum if basicaly a balance beetwen better timming or better sound quality on the TS algoth.

Ohhh no I think I am a geek after all :shock: :roll: :?

Man I should get payed by Steinberg eheheheh :P

hope this clears things a bit 4 ya,

Z

Jimfish
16-04-2003, 07:34 PM
spot on guvnor!!!

If you were a bird i might even let you suck my knob i'm so pleased!

DJZeMig_L
16-04-2003, 07:43 PM
LOl I'm not m8 ... sorry!!

:P

Z

Jimfish
16-04-2003, 09:17 PM
damnit!
i was hoping you would at least be a ladyboy or summit :(

MARKEG
16-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Good god man :twisted: