PDA

View Full Version : Recording Mix on Mini Disc

DJCraig Ryan
24-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.(didnt know where to put it)

I recorded a mix to my new minidisc the other day and when i listened over it, it was fine in one headphone but the other one was really low in volume, i could only just hear it. Anybody know why?

Also im using some software called "sonicstage" and when i went to transfer my mix into my "music drive" so i could then burn it to CD, it gets about 70% done and then i recieve a short message saying theres an error.

Any help appreciated...

DJCraig Ryan
24-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Sorry, forgot to put, its not my headphones because other minidiscs are fine. It's just when i record a mix

Barely Human
24-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Could be your soundcard mate, or your lead. Is your mixer giving out a balanced signal? Check you have the latest drivers for your soundcard, and also use a better program to record with like Sound Forge or Wavelab..

DJCraig Ryan
26-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Could be your soundcard mate, or your lead. Is your mixer giving out a balanced signal? Check you have the latest drivers for your soundcard, and also use a better program to record with like Sound Forge or Wavelab..

Thanks mate, i am gonna get some decent software to record. Its just this particular mix i did i am really happy with but cant even burn it to CD!
I've also found out that it is the lead i am using from my mixer to minidisc. the balance of my mixer is spot on.
How much are those programs IQ?

Barely Human
26-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Not cheap mate. Wavelab 5 is around the £500 mark, and sound forge is around £350...

Tetra
13-01-2005, 09:01 PM
I use a free software to record the mix on to my comp. Its called audacity and I have never had a problem with it.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

278d7e64a374de26f==