PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Hard pounding techno

dirty_bass
25-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Well, just to shake myself up I decided to do a bit of a banging, hard, loop techno kinda thing, just to see if I could still do it.
Ended up quite enjoying the mindless depravity of it.
http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Mndless.mp3

Let me know if it rings your bell, or am I too old to be making this kinda stuff now?

The Overfiend
25-11-2004, 07:04 AM
You aint too old for shit, I like it.
but
I feel it needs more polyrhythms, and some more variation in the hat department.

dirty_bass
25-11-2004, 07:17 AM
More polyrhythms? it doesn`t have any.
All I do is polyrhythmic stuff these days, and it`s always a bitch to program, which is why I wanted to do something straighter.
But you`re right about the hats, I got lazy and only worked in 3 patterns.
I`ll wack some more variations in.

stjohn
25-11-2004, 01:33 PM
i'm always partial to loopy madness..... they can always be used for beat tools to drop in and out!!! nice tune tho

jon connor
25-11-2004, 01:58 PM
DING DONG! :wtf: CUM ON DIRTY BASS IN THE PLACE!

would love to mash this up, and by the way your only as old as you feel!

top track! dude! :clap: woo! :bash: love this! man!

detfella
25-11-2004, 02:53 PM
yeah this is gr8t, faultless to my ears :clap: good dj food :twisted:

StoQ
25-11-2004, 04:55 PM
yeah.... whats what i'm lookin for. definatly i'd like to play it on da gigs

MangaFish
25-11-2004, 11:22 PM
i cant fault it, but in my personal preference i would have more of a groove running through the break

xfive
25-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Nice stuff... especially dig the vocal sample ;)

j_s
25-11-2004, 11:47 PM
This is cool. Pretty much flawless production, as usual. I really don't how you get your percussion to sound so clear and yet so full of character. Ain't too keen on the sample, does the job I suppose but is perhaps a bit derivative. Would be nice to hear something this banging that's still full of polyrhythms and evolving patterns. Probably easier said than done though...

dirty_bass
26-11-2004, 03:59 AM
Ok, well this was just a bit of fun, a few hours work and I`m not really gonna do anything with it or too it now.
But, I will try something this banging, but full of the polyrhythms, and evolving soundscapes I have been using on my experimental stuff.
Good idea j_s, make my job more difficult for me why don`t ya :lol:

dan the acid man
26-11-2004, 01:50 PM
this is how you make loop techno, the extra little changes here and there and the extra noises coming in and out stop it from being too repetetive, i would have changed the hats a little throughout the song, but it's all elemental now after reading your last post

jon connor
26-11-2004, 01:51 PM
why not dirty bass italians and schranz producers have been experimenting with this idea for quite sum time, nice to see a london producer aving a go, rather than the same old london sound you lot are all board with and gagging for change.

check out my good freind gigi montanini from italy he fuses techno with polyrhythyms, and sound scapes to beyond beleif i could name more but worth checking out. http://www.gigimontanini.com/labels-eng.htm

this label was created to cater for such music along with others there in his camp with labels freinds such as commute.

striking effort there man good luck with this, im sure we will here a prototype soon. :clap: go on son! av it! :lol:

dirty_bass
26-11-2004, 08:53 PM
I`ve heard plenty of Gig Montanini, and I`ve never found there to be anything experimental about it. Nor Schranze for that matter.
Schranze is probably the most stilted genre in techno. As it all works on the offbeat, polyrhythms don`t work, because it all just go`s oompah oompah.

To be honest I`m not sure how the more experimental modes of techno and the more wilson-esque pounding sound will work, but I`ll try.

AcidTrash
27-11-2004, 02:54 AM
GROWL!!!!! Like the sample work in the break. very eerie.

Kicks back in nicely too.

Still haven't worked out how you get that beat arrangement in techno.

Very good track.. mr calver eat yer heart out!

j_s
27-11-2004, 06:16 PM
To be honest I`m not sure how the more experimental modes of techno and the more wilson-esque pounding sound will work, but I`ll try.

It's something I've been playing around with in the last few days myself and yeh, it's hard work. At the moment my best result has been from a more typical, regualar groove with the interesting stuff going on the background, but this kind of seems like missing the point of the task. Please be sure to post up whatever you come up with - I'm keen to hear other peoples take on the concept...

Mindful
29-11-2004, 02:49 AM
Top marks Dirty Bass im well in to that mate and would play it for sure
Agree with Manga fish on the break and would personaly keep the energy going by leaving the percussion in but saying that im not sure if id be bobbing my head as much as i am now its been reintroduced :hmm: would mybe prefere it if the off beat hat was replaced by something more rythmic aswell but again then it would possibly loose its drive.
The productions good as ive noticed it allways seems to be with you.like the edits too esspesh the double beat style ones.
I too would like to see you apply the thoughtfull way to making music you usualy do to something this hard and loop based.
I think that should be the way most of the hard techno producers should be going its somthing i personaly try to acchieve but thats probably one for another thread no?

Very good.

audioinjection
30-11-2004, 06:50 PM
damn, this is phat shit, im liking the bass and that stab in there

that break down is pimp too, nice one dirty :rambo:

Seb Neitsa
08-12-2004, 09:21 AM
File not found :doh:

BRADLEE
08-12-2004, 07:39 PM
darnit I wasnted to listen, but the link doesn't work now...

BloodStar
01-03-2005, 11:47 AM
this is ****in awesome... weird, that i'm replying a bit late. :lol: but i really like this piece of clankin shi**.. excellent production as always,.,thumps,,up

BRADLEE
02-03-2005, 12:37 AM
maybe it's my firewall, but I get error 404 :doh:

dirty_bass
02-03-2005, 07:30 AM
That tune hasn`t been online for months.

fatcollective
09-03-2005, 10:49 PM
That tune hasn`t been online for months.
put it back up man, im dying to hear it given all the comments youve had ;)

dirty_bass
09-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I`ve scrapped this track, is was simply a few hours fun.

278d7e64a374de26f==