PDA

View Full Version : the future of techno by gigi montanini

jon connor
25-11-2004, 04:54 PM
hy guys , i came across these words while looking through gigi montanini profile in italy, as we are developing new plans for supertech and algoritimic records. i think this should be put here for all to read as it is inportant and is fine words :clap: wot a geeza! :notworthy:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The Future
In 2003, I founded my personal Company MTN VINYL RESEARCH and new labels because with this project I want to return to bet on young talents that don't have the possibility to produce records but have the ideas and are willing to work.
Therefore I have created this new 'team' of young and talented producers and remixers that I want to guide with my experience in A&R and I am sure we will achieve great results in a short time.
The philosophy of the new labels is that of a constant commitment in the research and experimentation of new sounds and that wants to truly make the labels become a real point of reference for Techno music lovers.

My Philosophy
People often ask me 'what future is there for techno music' and I always answer that no one can ever know what new and interesting music there will be to dance to in the future, what sounds they will have and with what names they will become known and appreciated.
The important thing is that to survive it will always have to play an integral part of the youths world and way of living and thinking today and tomorrow.
The same is true for me and if I am not certain what my future could be as a DJ or Producer, even if I am sure that I will always remain faithfully and sincerely in love with music and when in many, many years to come I will not be able to play it, I will always continue to treat it with maximum respect.
You do it too, always …..respect is an expression of civility and freedom of which one should always be proud!

Jimfish
26-11-2004, 12:50 AM
err.. so whats his point?

eyes without a face
26-11-2004, 12:55 AM
hmmm he goes on a tangent slightly but the gist is that he's starting or has started a new label solely to push up n coming new artists

definately not revolutionary but definately productive...

nice one

Jimfish
26-11-2004, 12:59 AM
well that'll go down in the history books then

dirty_bass
26-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Haha.

Yeah, I`d like to hear something about his creative ideas for the future.
Something I`ve raised in another thread here.

jon connor
26-11-2004, 02:15 PM
his actual point my freinds is he has gone out of his bloody way, to teach and nerture up coming talent im talking boys of 18 19 20 etc, giving people who want to learn and make music the chance,especially from countrys where these lads can barley afford a pc. he has provided labels for them to release on, trance hardstyle and techno! just last week no interest to you lot but 1 of the lads who makes trance actually managed a number 1 regardless of the music style this is an acheivment.
he has more knowlage of producing than any of you in this thread, have a look at his discography, i find it quite arragant and disrispectfull :dontevengothere: you guys!

sorry fellas lets all get board misserable with our music, and winge every 5 minutes, oh and look theres a guy trying to help sum young guys make techno at his own expense, big joke isint boys! :evil:

behave yourselve`s and wind your knecks in show a bit of respect! :protest:

penthesilea
26-11-2004, 02:23 PM
...he has more knowlage of producing than any of you in this thread, have a look at his discography, i find it quite arragant and disrispectfull :dontevengothere: you guys!

sorry fellas lets all get board misserable with our music, and winge every 5 minutes, oh and look theres a guy trying to help sum young guys make techno at his own expense, big joke isint boys! :evil:

heu... :eh: cheer up man, it's friday!!!
Don't think anybody was being disrespectfull really...
It's call sarcasm and it Is a form of humor... ;)

schlongfingers
26-11-2004, 02:38 PM
He's done what 90% of people that start labels / run events / start magazines do Jon - yeah his motives are good but it's not a new approach.

jon connor
26-11-2004, 02:38 PM
...he has more knowlage of producing than any of you in this thread, have a look at his discography, i find it quite arragant and disrispectfull :dontevengothere: you guys!

heu... :eh: cheer up man, it's friday!!!
Don't think anybody was being disrespectfull really...
It's call sarcasm and it Is a form of humor... ;)

i no! hahahahah! i only put here coz i thought well fairplay here is a guy who has been releasing underground music since 1982 and has decided to pass his skills on and create somthing constructive, and im sure there will be sum wonderfull results that come out of this guys effort! italians are very creative people it certainly shows in the history of dance music.
i no fell for the sarcasm again! :doh:

no worrys fella`s. peace!

penthesilea
26-11-2004, 02:49 PM
i no! hahahahah! i only put here coz i thought well fairplay here is a guy who has been releasing underground music since 1982 and has decided to pass his skills on and create somthing constructive, and im sure there will be sum wonderfull results that come out of this guys effort! italians are very creative people it certainly shows in the history of dance music.

You're right, it's nice to see some people at least trying... :clap:

jon connor
26-11-2004, 03:06 PM

You're right, it's nice to see some people at least trying... :clap:

yes man its good stuff, sum people in this country to are making a fine effort, people like electronik music London ,pat hurley is in the mids of a ground breaking effort, helping up coming artist such as myself, sabastian marx christian hummel, fat collective and a whole oray! of upcuming talent!
its a nice possitive movement that 1 can only respect! :notworthy:

all guys who help upcoming talent are my true heroes, as they are all ensuring the future of our beloved techno!

penthesilea
26-11-2004, 03:15 PM
also think there can be a lot of tossing around big words and little action...
So I guess people are a bit sarcastic about it all...

jon connor
26-11-2004, 03:43 PM
also think there can be a lot of tossing around big words and little action...
So I guess people are a bit sarcastic about it all...

true :clap: its a tough old bisiness is music, but still there is genuine geeza`s out there like the man in question who actually walk the walk and not talk the talk, which obvisously shows they care a lot about the music we all love. :clap:

also off the record Italians have always had the ability to change there music and in style to. i cant wait to see wot kinda techno these young jedi`s will bring. you only have to look at wot guys like mauro piccoto have done in the past few years , a unique style of techno. they have made a diffrence, i no most of you wont like but its true. there is always a special vibe in a Italian track! they have that secret ingreedient built in them i think. :cool:

jon connor
26-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Haha.

Yeah, I`d like to hear something about his creative ideas for the future.
Something I`ve raised in another thread here.

The philosophy of the new labels is that of a constant commitment in the research and experimentation of new sounds and that wants to truly make the labels become a real point of reference for Techno music lovers.

that should cover it. :doh:

dirty_bass
26-11-2004, 08:40 PM

that should cover it.

Hmm, I may be being cynical, but I`ll bet it`ll be more trancey italian stuff and nothing groundbreaking.
I can`t say I`ve ever liked the italian sound, it`s always been to flashy and cheesy for me.
Like Picotto, he discovered techno, and simplified it, and made it cheesy. Toy town productions.

It`s good to see someone is making an effort to help new producers, but the fundamental problem is that the music isn`t really progressing musically, becasue too many people want to sound like their peers, rather than risk innovation.

jon connor
26-11-2004, 09:40 PM

that should cover it.

Hmm, I may be being cynical, but I`ll bet it`ll be more trancey italian stuff and nothing groundbreaking.
I can`t say I`ve ever liked the italian sound, it`s always been to flashy and cheesy for me.
Like Picotto, he discovered techno, and simplified it, and made it cheesy. Toy town productions.

It`s good to see someone is making an effort to help new producers, but the fundamental problem is that the music isn`t really progressing musically, becasue too many people want to sound like their peers, rather than risk innovation.

i totaly agree wot your saying in sum sense dirty bass, but i will say of all my years of buying records italians have always had a unique gift of beeing able to develope quickly, there sound has got fatter and fatter for the past few years, and ok piccoto stuff may somtimes be a bit trancy ,but i have to say he has done some wonderfull work, not only producing records but a big push in global techno to.

anyways about the people wanting to sound like there peers, i beleive yes ok at first these boys will probably do just that you are right dirty bass, we all do when we first learn how to make a track lets face it im sure all you guys have been in nappy stages once to.the fact is that these guys will develope due to the fact of there age etc . i no this will happen ive already seen it before . people have to be inspired in order to develope. it`s a good move all around and in a positive direction.

also computer based software is growing and getting better and better, making it it easier for less advantaged people to make techno,or wot ever else. not only are producers developing but new software and kit etc! are to.I think its here where we will hear change! who no`s wot kit we will be using in 5/ 10 years time! we are now in the playstation age! nothing seems inposible anymore!
:shock: :shock:

NDK
01-12-2004, 11:05 AM
mmm i'm not of your opinion,not cause i'm italian but cause is not not true for all....Picotto don't semplify techno,but she made his own sound..it's different,we don't call only techno Picotto's sound...an other example is Vigorito,Carola etc...they don't semplify but they play their sound ;)

NDK
01-12-2004, 11:06 AM
the last message is for dirty bass not for Jon eheh ;)

dirty_bass
01-12-2004, 08:29 PM
there are some hot italian producers.
I don`t really count carola, vigorito or that crowd as part of them. The just make club fodder. Occasionally they might change the synth for the stabs in their tunes, but basically, I wouldn`t say they are pushing anything new.
Catwalk music for milanos.

jon connor
01-12-2004, 09:51 PM
there are some hot italian producers.
I don`t really count carola, vigorito or that crowd as part of them. The just make club fodder. Occasionally they might change the synth for the stabs in their tunes, but basically, I wouldn`t say they are pushing anything new.
Catwalk music for milanos.

:wtf:

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mauro Alpha
01-12-2004, 10:25 PM
I'm in accord with dirty bass, I don't like too carola vigorito parisio, I think that isn't techno but tekhouse..

but I think too that picotto has made his own sound..
there is techno, Techno and TECHNO

every one has his style and his techno

:nono: :study:

eheheh :love:

MARKEG
01-12-2004, 11:01 PM
>He's done what 90% of people that start labels / run events / start >magazines do Jon - yeah his motives are good but it's not a new ?approach

Yeah just what I thought too actually.

I read that and I think well, yeah that's what we're all doing - why make a post about it??

This is pretty personal to you Jon, so in a way, this seems a bit more like a 'promotion' post rather that anything worth discussing ;)

jon connor
02-12-2004, 12:08 AM
:help: well excuse me then. anyways there was no promo intended, i wanted to see wot others were doing and thought about the junior guys upcoming. :scratch: so you have all told me good and proper it seems ;) my oppoligys for the mistake!

The Overfiend
02-12-2004, 04:10 AM
Catty in here much? :evil:

278d7e64a374de26f==