PDA

View Full Version : Logic 6 Vs Cubase SX

MARKEG
16-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Apparently some computer users are now changing from Logic to SX???

Wow.

So what is everyone's opinions of the Logic Vs SX arguement?

Which do you think is the best program now?

Do E-Magic users really believe PC people are going to buy Macs and continue using Logic when they have SX?

What are the downfalls of each sequencer?

A very, very interesting topic!

Jimfish
17-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Is There a logic 6 yet?

Logic 5 was pretty good, and i was about to start using it over cubase 5 last year, but then, HURRAH! cubase SX came out... and i have to say,
it changed evrything for me! (go, i sound like a slim-fast ad)
but i thought that emagic would do somthing a bit spesh with logic 6 to get us excited about that in the same way...
err...
so, is there a logic 6 yet?

Jimfish
17-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Anyway, who cares about stinky ol' logic

I like having SX!

Jimfish
17-04-2003, 01:13 AM
:roll:

Jimfish
17-04-2003, 01:26 AM
Sorry, dont mean to muck up the thread with bullshit before its even got off the ground :roll:

there is a point there indeed mark,
As Logic is now (or shortly to be) discontinued on PC are they expecting thier customers to follow them across entire platforms when there is product as heavyweight as cubase SX right there...and considerably cheaper too if memory serves me right..
I reckon emagic have got somthing hidden up thier sleeve though..

how many people on here use logic? we all seem to be SX people... the Logic users i know seem to have pretty lame arguments for why its better (and they insist that it is) such as "it sounds tighter"

I'll tell you one thing that appalled me when i was tinkering with it is that it does not support multiple output channels for plugins!!
shocking!
so you have to load up 6 samplers to play 6 sounds, or put them all down one channel!

that sucks ass

real big fat ass

and SX has that cool timestretch shit where you just pull the audio around like elastic

and all that cool channel info on the left...its seems everything is right there at hand in SX

cor.. i love it!

miromiric.
17-04-2003, 10:09 AM
i ll defo never go to logic just because they did such move as turning on to mac all the way. they must have some reason why they did that, but i really doubt they can be that much better then steinberg in the future someone would actually buy mac just cause of logic.

SX rules and that`s it!

DJZeMig_L
17-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Logic will have multichannel... This is like discussing religion!!

Logic will have a new neat feat. called channel freeze... I haven't really figured how this is supposed 2 work but apparently It will "freeze" that is more processor eager and save some processing 4 other sh***
Downsampling, Plug-in/ eq disabling, bouncing ... beats me, but I'm Curious!?

I think logic e bloody ugly and uninspiring... :( and maybe because I'm 2 attached 2 cubase it doesn't seem all that logic in it's usage (2 me)....
SX seems 2 b more graphical, i.e. easier... working and editing audio seems a breeze compared 2 logic (imho)....

Logic does have better timest. also the plug-ins and Virtual instruments that come with it R very phat!! still they look :roll:

Cubase got nice stuff like the phatsync, quantizer, chorder, the great A1... still missing a softsampler as standard with the prog.... IMHO cubase should have all the reason inst. as VST Is!!

Z

DJZeMig_L
17-04-2003, 11:49 AM
'Damn.. I now officially a Major Freak :oops: ... Maybe 4 techno !! ehehehe :P

Z

Basil Rush
17-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Dunno, used to be a logic boy, everyone I know around here uses logic, been fiddling with it since version 2 I think. Cubase was an ugly beast on the PC for years, not played with the latest, fiddled with Nuendo reminded me of cubase, got scared and went back to logic.

Used to be able to drive logic like shit off a shovel but the audio editing in v4 was a bit poo, would like to test drive the freeze channel thing.

(Protools all the way though :) !)

DJZeMig_L
17-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Basil Please tell me why pro tool with somethin like sx .... honestly I've always been a bit :?: about ptools ...

Sorry Bro.. maybe I should open a topic just 4 this!

Z

Basil Rush
17-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Why protools with something like SX? You mean instead of something like SX?

miromiric.
17-04-2003, 02:09 PM
can u explain me whats the thing with protools and hardware specially designed for tools?

i saw software version of virus c was written for ptools only!

Adverse
17-04-2003, 05:13 PM
but i really doubt they can be that much better then steinberg in the future someone would actually buy mac just cause of logic.

SX rules and that`s it!

what does this mean?

miromiric.
17-04-2003, 06:51 PM
before #someone# put #that#

who would buy mac just because he can work on logic?

DJZeMig_L
17-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Probably The Next OS will have a basic version of logic Built in... then for little more u can the full version... this seems 2 the way they'll go!! Instead of something like soundiver u'll b able 2 use the midi/ audio config... so that the actual OS know's what u have plugged in.. patch management etc...

Z

rpmiller
17-04-2003, 10:25 PM
I've been using logic for a few years now, and recently had a tinker with SX. I really like SX visually and it is a very powerful program, but for me logic has a better environment, ie. it is less cluttered. When I use cubase, i feel like i'm forever having to move things around, and i really dont like to cascade screens as they become very small and i hate having to constantly scroll around.

Logic is organised so that each part of the environment is sepereated and each number on the number keypad corresponds with a seperate screen, eg. 1 - Arrange window, 8 - track mixer etc. (maybe you can do this in SX, i;m not sure)

I also love the ESX24 sampler, by far the most powerful and quality sounding soft sampler I've come across, and the emagic virtual instrument are good also.

As far as the conversion to Mac is concerened, i was planning to buy a mac anyway. I've used both PC's and Mac's for a while, and there's a certain quality of sound the mac produces that to me seems of a higher standard, also i've had PC reliability problems in the past that have really got on my tits.

i appreciate there are many SX and cubase users on the forum and i do think it is a quality program (particularly for audio-visual projects), but logic is my first love. so there...hehe.

log:one
18-04-2003, 06:48 PM
also logic has the es2 which is very nice, the logic exciter is fukking wicked, much nicer sounding than bbe sonic maximizer, the phaser that comes with it is the only phaser i've ever liked the sound of, most just thin out the sound too much... btw i use sx! and i love it but my mate dave has logic and the more i use it the more i like it... but it would be foolish to change now that there are to be no more pc updates. wouldnt it?

DJZeMig_L
21-04-2003, 09:34 PM
In sx u have direct keys and key combinations for almost anything.. also it is dead easy 2 create your own!!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==