PDA

View Full Version : UDG bags

tioneb
26-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Eh these bags were reputated to be solid as rock ???

Im not travelling taht much, but well, yesterday my bag was a bit detroyed.. Mybe I fill it with too many records .... The craziest part was to repair it with tape to go back home !!!!!

Have some of u experienced the same problems ???

heavy beats
26-11-2004, 08:48 PM
yeah, these bags are great..... I once let somebody roll/carry my bag and they broke the trolley handle. :evil:

tioneb
26-11-2004, 08:54 PM
hahah look at that shit !!

http://djtioneb.free.fr/IMG_0832.jpg

heavy beats
26-11-2004, 09:32 PM
haha

those bags are designed to fit in the overhead compartment of an airplane.

killarava2day
26-11-2004, 09:38 PM
hehe, those situation can suck arse, funny as hell as an observer though :)

tioneb
26-11-2004, 10:30 PM
haha

those bags are designed to fit in the overhead compartment of an airplane.

well actually they do though they are sold to be checked in and to resist for that ( i mean the model i have, udg soft bag)

my bag is always 17-18 kgs when checked in, and max allowed in cabin is 10-12 ... sometimes u can fake its "light" but more and more people weight it to see if youre not lying .... moreover i always bring a carry on bag i dont wanna check in and its not allowed bringing two bags in cabin ...

Dustin Zahn
27-11-2004, 02:47 AM
UDG places an insert with your bags telling you specifically NOT to check your baggage. My UDG bag (which looks exactly the same as Benoit's) was one of the best investments I've made. It's taken a hell of a beating and still looks brand new. I over pack my bag all the time and it works proper. A lot of DJs I know swear by these bags, sometimes more so than hardcases. Heavy Beats is right though, always place it in the overhead if you can. I've only been on one flight where I couldn't and they simply side checked it.

anx
27-11-2004, 05:30 AM
i have it and love it

had to check it all the way to australia

went from calgary, to LAX (those bastards broke the lock to check the contents) then to KL then to Perth....returned just fine!!! i was a bit scared but yea

they rock...i have the "flip front" bag so you can over pack it, then just zip down the front a bit and you have instantly more room. best investment i've made in a while!!!

tioneb
27-11-2004, 01:02 PM
UDG places an insert with your bags telling you specifically NOT to check your baggage. My UDG bag (which looks exactly the same as Benoit's) was one of the best investments I've made. It's taken a hell of a beating and still looks brand new. I over pack my bag all the time and it works proper. A lot of DJs I know swear by these bags, sometimes more so than hardcases. Heavy Beats is right though, always place it in the overhead if you can. I've only been on one flight where I couldn't and they simply side checked it.

UDG made this remark with thie rnew range of products (the trolley stuff and so) ... just go to the SB small description and there is not this reserve... and it was actually thier first model sold to resist as much as a regular case ... anyways , ill repair it and i think it will work some mor eyears =)

MARKEG
28-11-2004, 01:21 AM
what's the exact name of this bag? i've always wanted one but not known the exact model no.

re: checkin in.

this is what i do and after so many ball aches @ check in and lost baggage, i swear it's the best thing to do. just before you check in (ie when you're taking your records out of the boot of your car from your bulky silver record box/or big bag), pretend you're playing your set. start from the beginning and do this for 15 records. this is an hours records and these are the records that will definitely go on the plane. if you loose your main bulk of records, you will have these records and at least you will be able to play an hour (most promoters will be fine with this if you looose your records - they'll just be thankful that you're there with some records!!!).

stick your set of 15 records in your carry on record bag at the front, then place the other's next to them. if you get away with them all great, but so many times you get asked to weigh your carry on bags these days. aplogise and say you'll put some stuff in your suitcase. so keep your 15 records and the rest, stick in your suitcase sandwiched in between your clothes. this is actually really kewl, as the baggage handlers don't know there are records inside and you don't get your whole box nicked either (like so many of my silver boxes). Plus customs don't sniff too much at baggage claim ;)

hope this helps. this is by far the best solution in my eyes, but would love to hear other ideas :cool:

MARKEG
28-11-2004, 01:32 AM
ps t, sorry to hear about your bag. you need to get in touch with udc. make some shit up and tell them they're bags are crap. you'll get a new one straight away i reckon if you push it.

djsirround
28-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I never had the opportunity to buy these kind of bags, the thing that I have to carry them on my back is not good for me.

So I just bought a small carrier where I put my DJ Box on, the box resist nuclear attacks (joking heheh) but in my opinion it more worth it, ahh I also can remove the carrier for sure ... :)

Kube 72
30-11-2004, 01:57 PM
I have a UDG softbag that fits about 22Kg of records and only the other week it tore at the bottom prob because of me overloading it for so the past 2 years but it has lasted 2 years. Anyway I got some adhesive clue and that did the trick and its been fine ever since..

tioneb
30-11-2004, 04:09 PM
I have a UDG softbag that fits about 22Kg of records and only the other week it tore at the bottom prob because of me overloading it for so the past 2 years but it has lasted 2 years. Anyway I got some adhesive clue and that did the trick and its been fine ever since..

hmm well thats it mine got the same problem though its 17 kg. i guess u have the 80 records bag as i have the 60 one.

mine resisted with the tape so i guess some even better repair (go to a shoe repair store, they re-fix it with strong reinforcement for around 10-20 €) it will last for long.

but actually, do these bags are made to collapse after 2 years ??? err i mean i plane travelled less than 10 times with it (oki the number of local travels is more important...)

Kube 72
01-12-2004, 11:24 AM

hmm well thats it mine got the same problem though its 17 kg. i guess u have the 80 records bag as i have the 60 one.

mine resisted with the tape so i guess some even better repair (go to a shoe repair store, they re-fix it with strong reinforcement for around 10-20 €) it will last for long.

but actually, do these bags are made to collapse after 2 years ??? err i mean i plane travelled less than 10 times with it (oki the number of local travels is more important...)

Well I would hope for more and mine are always checked in but under the fragile part...mine has done about 100 trips opver 2 years so I think its done very well but now I am gonna get one that holds 40 and use this as well as the 80 one as the 80 one can make space for my clothes now..:)

tioneb
01-12-2004, 12:30 PM
hmmm mine also got this "fragile" sticker that stayed on it since first time i travelled with this bag.

i actually got informed that's just to make the traveller less worried but that doesnt do anything for the luggage handling. Actually the current airports transitting systems (from check in to "hand" handling) have some steps where the bags fall for over 1meter high.

The good thing i got last week in Dublin was to bring myself the luggage to the oversize area where they care more about your luggage, though its checked in a regular way. Thats good but a bit useless whenu have connecting flights where they handle your baggage as they want without telling u anything.

278d7e64a374de26f==