PDA

View Full Version : powercore firewire problem :(

Jimfish
26-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Yo,
any powercore firewire users?

i need some technical support fellas, im itching to use this baby (got it today) and i really cant be ****ed to wait however long for tc tech suport to get back in touch so fingers crossed one of you guys have experienced this..

Ok, basically when i use the powercore plugins a window pops up saying "the synchronisation between the plug-in and the powercore driver failed" and suggests i should restart but that doesnt seem to help at all..
Anybody have a clue what this is all about??
:eh:

loopdon
26-11-2004, 10:58 PM
I looked and found this:

The first thing I would check is the graphics card. Do you have a card that has plenty of memory, or are you using an "on-board" graphics, i.e., on the mother-board card. the biggest competitor for resouces is the graphics, and if the card is not up to speed, and/or shares an IRQ slot/assignmnt with your Power Core or Audio Card, well, therein can lie the problem. solution, Change PCI slots on for your card, the first slot can sometimes share an IRQ with the graphic AGP slot, so watch for that, and better still, get a graphics card with plenty of meomory.

Other than this, go to musicxp.com and see about some other tweaks; also, run a search in this section on XP tweaks, there is some essential stuff right here.

or this:

I figured it out - for some odd reason the motherboard's onboard AC97 audio chipset was enabled. Yay, now the Powercore works like a dream :-)

me: i'd say hunt down possible driver/irq conflicts, make shure you fullfill the requested hardware/os requirements :!:

have you got the newest drivers installed :shock: :

http://www.tcelectronic.com/PoCoFireWire_Software

Recommendation:
This service release is forPowerCore FireWire customers that have been experiencing severe synchronizations issues on PC after updating from 1.9.2 to 1.9.3, and for PowerCore Compact customers who are experiencing similar issues.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/PCore193_SR_1.zip

MAC:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/Powercore_1.9.3.sit

Btw, i don't have the card myself, so i'm just guessing.

another thing just came to my mind: a lot of computer probs can result from from a weak powersupply, have a look on that. too, i'd say.

hope that helps.

info on your system/os and stuff would not be of any harm, either, i suppose :cool:

Jimfish
27-11-2004, 05:42 AM
hey thanks man!

well ive been through your kind suggestions but nothing seems to work..

Re. the graphics card thing - the card is a proper fatty brand spaking new one and the powercore is firewire anyway - so it doesnt slot into a pci..

tried the onboard sound but thats definitly off..

Yep ive got the newest drivers..

Re. the powersupply.. im not sure how id check that out.. but its a brand new silent one so it should be good quality :)

the system is a p4 3.2 with 1gb ddr2, 2x200gb sata, phat graphics (forgotten what) and a digidesign digi001 soundcard.. oh and ive got windows xp home sp2 on there..
the only software installed is cubase and a few plugins plus the tc & digidesign drivers..

Cheers for your help anyway man.. hopefully someone else will have been through this allready and be able to guide me :)

xfive
27-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Have you tried a different firewire port?

Also try rebooting without the thing hooked up, and then after you login plug it in.

DJZeMigL
27-11-2004, 10:46 AM
defin. try different firwire ports...

Even b4 u use the thing, when u open up it's channel is it showing or is it disabled... I know I had some trouble installing mine, but it was sometime ago, and all I can remember is that all of a suddent it just decided 2 work!

Z

Jimfish
27-11-2004, 12:43 PM
yeah still no joy - & ive tried different ports :cry:

I wonder if it could be a conflict with the actual firewire pci card itself..?

i remember my old motu didnt like the built in firewire on my laptop but as soon as i put a pcmcia one in it worked fine..

Im going to try swapping the firewire cards from my 2 machines around and keep my fingers crossed that does it.

By the way ZM - have you dowloaded 'character' yet?
what a ****ing amazing plugin!!

Jimfish
27-11-2004, 02:41 PM
yeah cheers guys, i sorted this by swapping the firweire cards in 2 different pcs over.. its bang on now :)

DJZeMigL
27-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Nope man.. I'm moving Houses right now so I have been away from my studio PC for almost 2 months now!! grrrrrrr....

My ears are just begging for some ADAM Audio punishment!! :(

Happy that U sort it! :)

Have u seen the new Virus TI.. U r going 2 shi* yerself m8

Z

Jimfish
27-11-2004, 03:10 PM
yeah im moving too as it happens so my studio is just a heap of boxes at the mo until i get the new place on wednesday :)
I havent really had my stuff up properly for probably a month either - i just had to plug the powercore in and have a anseaky peek though ;)

Yep ive seen the TI and ive shat myself over it allready, its right near the top of my list! - it would be nice if they did a versio of the powercore where you could control the plugins with vsts but the hardware box had audio ins and outs so effectivly you could use the plugins as send effects on your desk etc.. now that would be cool :cool:

DJZeMigL
27-11-2004, 04:35 PM
maybe that's beeing worked on as we speak... I can't remeber the name of the manufacturer não, but there is company building a sort of self contained hardware box with In/ outs also Midi that has a cpu+dsps 2 run VSTis and Plugs :()

Virus could also sell a virus Usb/ Midi controller which would b just a casing with Knob's etc... but nothing else! ;) Maybe even do a bundle with the Powercore Virus!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==