PDA

View Full Version : the youngsters live

anx
29-11-2004, 05:04 AM
saw them live here in perth australia the other night

was very into it. they opened for jeff mills and i thought they blew him away (seriously what is up with mills why does someone so well respected mix so badly? but thats another story)

it was a live pa and a dj set combined, and by the sounds of it they were tweaking a 303 up there too...which was great i love live acid :) if you get the chance to see these guys do so, was minimal techno for a bit, and did get pretty hard and synth driven too with some mad 303 basslines along with it too. some quality live techno i was glad i got to hear some while im in this city...cause techno is so rare out here.

anyone else seen them before?

tioneb
29-11-2004, 10:57 AM
these guys are the most amazing live PA ive ever seen in my life !! And htey are true nice guys !

Paul Zykotik
29-11-2004, 11:11 AM
They played at Antiworld here in London back in August. Very impressive to say the least - they started off slow and built it up. Lots of the tunes early in their set had a real old skool acid house element to them, but still sounded up to date. By the end of an hour long set the bpm's were considerably faster but the groove was still there. It took them a while to win over the crowd (Antiworld's techno room has always leaned towards the harder end of the scale) but those that stuck with them were rewarded with a superb set, and it was noticeable how many people walking through the room stopped and started to dance.

basslinejunkie
29-11-2004, 12:25 PM
these guys are the most amazing live PA ive ever seen in my life !! And htey are true nice guys !

same here.we all went to vodoo yrs ago and they wouldnt let us in because there was a big troop of us,so we went down to the f com birthday at nation.we'd never heard of them before but my god they absoultely blew us all away!!

gumpy green
29-11-2004, 12:46 PM
yeh saw them twice up in edinburgh.

very very good live sets both times but they i didnt totally feel them, not because they were bad, i just never got into them then....

they have a track out on uti2 which is simply ace...very nice acid plus the other tracks from other artists are real good too....look out for it.

Traxx
29-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Seen them years aqo @ bugged out & they werent really my cup of tea. Got a couple of tunes by them that are good though.

gumpy green
29-11-2004, 02:27 PM
they have a track out on uti2 which is simply ace...very nice acid plus the other tracks from other artists are real good too....look out for it.

that comment is not true,i got mixed up with acid junkies for some reason..dunno why...

now spanish harlem is nice and that is the youngsters... ;)

scienceofuse
29-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I saw a DJ set by Gilles Escoffier (of The Youngsters) and I'm sad to say that there were maybe fifteen people at the club - so much about the scene here in Ljubljana. He played a really great tight set nonetheless, so respect to Gil.

As for The Youngsters - even though I haven't seen them live, their production rocks and I can only imagine what the live PA can be like :shock:

Geoff
29-11-2004, 05:05 PM
You can grab one of their live sets from Dogma here, it's from last year :

http://www.clubdogma.com/Sets_to_download/Guest_sets_from_Dogma/

MARKEG
29-11-2004, 09:16 PM
i would die to see them live. really great to read this. need to sort this out.

anx
30-11-2004, 02:46 AM
they did this awesome remix of traxsters "you gotta believe in something"

im sure the lot of you know what im talkin about

very chunky old school sounding techno....and the dj could scratch too, it was very interesting, not "oooh look at me im scratching" but more of a subtle style with some effects on it, adding to a groove.

thanks for the link scienceofuse!!

scienceofuse
30-11-2004, 10:56 AM
I think the thanks should go to Geoff ;) :clap:

anx
30-11-2004, 11:01 AM
hehehe sorry

thanks geoff

OriginalTechnobastard
14-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Men I love that Ibiza remix by them and lot of other stuff they did. They have a good sound going although I heard the last album was bit of a disappointment. Have yet to hear it though. I'll check on the web for upcoming live gigs they have, but if anyone here have forthcoming live dates, post the ****ers up!

278d7e64a374de26f==