PDA

View Full Version : new D.A.V.E. tune

rs1800
29-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Nice new tune by D.A.V.E. and BK

http://www.riotinlondon.com/v5/media/BKAndDAVETheDrummer_SoulImagePreview.mp3

Also Riot 6 seems to have a hint of Hydraulix 24 in it!

http://www.riotinlondon.com/v5/media/TikTok_DubScience.mp3

:dance:

jonnyspeed
29-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Suprisingly alright considering BK has been near it :shock:

rs1800
29-11-2004, 06:34 PM
:lol:

davethedrummer
01-12-2004, 11:52 AM

****! :shock: :shock: this can't be right

Si the Sigh
01-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Why not? :eh:

fatcollective
01-12-2004, 12:17 PM

just checked out Riot 6...and YES its a total fu*kin rip of Hydro 24....thats a bit cheeky innit :evil:

davethedrummer
01-12-2004, 12:51 PM

its a rip of hydro 24
that's not right at all
i'll have to investigate

rs1800
01-12-2004, 01:03 PM
I thought it might just me a sample when the tune is mixed but I dont think the vocal repeats that long in hydro 24?

davethedrummer
01-12-2004, 01:23 PM
I thought it might just me a sample when the tune is mixed but I dont think the vocal repeats that long in hydro 24?

doesn't matter does it?

rs1800
01-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I meant they may have taken a sample by accident from a mix but the tune itself hasnt got hydro 24 in it.

But I dont suppose that would happen so ill shut up now!

rs1800
01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
btw dave, sorry I missed you at the spotted dog on Sunday, Ive done my back in and its 50/50 wether I can go to ally pally on sat. Hope it went well on Sun and ill try to say hello on Sat if I get there

cheers

Si the Sigh
01-12-2004, 01:38 PM

its a rip of hydro 24
that's not right at all
i'll have to investigate

Ok, but I would have thought that as you did the track with BK you would know what it sounded like... :eh:

I don't see how it could be a rip off of Hydraulix 24 unless the tunes been changed since you left the studio.

What ever has happened, like you say, it should be looked into if thats not what you and Ben created in the studio...

Sounds well suss to me.

:neutral:

rs1800
01-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Si they are different tunes.

The d.a.v.e./bk one is riot 4, the one in question is riot 6. I put samples of both in the first post

davethedrummer
01-12-2004, 01:52 PM

its a rip of hydro 24
that's not right at all
i'll have to investigate

Ok, but I would have thought that as you did the track with BK you would know what it sounded like... :eh:

I don't see how it could be a rip off of Hydraulix 24 unless the tunes been changed since you left the studio.

What ever has happened, like you say, it should be looked into if thats not what you and Ben created in the studio...

Sounds well suss to me.

:neutral:

si
that hydro 24 thing had absolutely nothing to do with me!
first thing i heard about it was here, and to tell you the truth i ain't very happy about it.
tik tok used to post on here too in fact ive met the guy and have couple of his demos which he gave me personally at antiworld last year.
so what the ****?
that track has a whole load of a sample that is instantly recognisable as hydro 24 and whether it goes on longer or whatever the fact that everyone here recognised it instantly speaks for itself.
that sample as far as i know is uncleared and to be honest i don't know where the original came from either , but i just don't believe in obvious stealing like this.
bootleg? maybe , but released on riot? no that's not right.
it's like someone putting a hard house kick over hydraulix 09 and just reselling it. ( i have heard that this has been done )
we do not need that level of desperation , i mean i sample all sorts but i try my best to make it sound original to me , you don't just pull a major sample off a techno record and reuse it!

Si the Sigh
01-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok, sorry I am with you (forgot, Hydraulix 24 was Calver & Co).

I'm having a bad day man... :oops:

Anyway, I agree 100% with what your saying mate, and it should be looked into. I would be pretty fu*king pissed if someone blatenly tried to copy a release on my label. :evil:

Needs looking into...

fatcollective
01-12-2004, 05:28 PM
just got back from work and had another listen to this tune...yeah its a total rip, and not just the vocal.... the whole tune has been sampled and put behind hardhouse .....bang out of order!

MangaFish
01-12-2004, 10:51 PM
as hardhouse goes by riot 4 sounds ok to me. i cirtinally wont be rushing out to buy it but its alot better than most of the tosh thats released these days.

as for the other track, henry pretty much summed up my opinion on that track

Scott Kemix
02-12-2004, 12:10 AM
I got straight onto that rip off right at the start of the post i new i was ****in right! Dodgy as :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Scott Kemix
02-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey Henry, you can even hear your other samples goin off in the background! Heard it in our local record shop the other day :eh:

rs1800
02-12-2004, 12:30 AM
I doubt u heard it in a record shop m8, its not released till March so I doubt its been pressed yet. Even Riot 4 promos are only just out and the ripped tune is no 6.

Scott Kemix
02-12-2004, 12:37 AM
ooops, put it this way i heard another riff of it then, so now i wonder how many tunes that are riff off's of Hydro 24? wow

Kevin Gorman
02-12-2004, 03:02 AM
wow, that is pure bull shit, i hope you get to the bottem of this Henry.

dirty_bass
02-12-2004, 03:08 AM
Wow, I thought that rip off was Henry, I thought he`d gone temporarily mad and had drank from the cup of poohouse.
Bastards, I`d go jump on their balls if I was you henry.

The Overfiend
02-12-2004, 03:09 AM
PURE BULLSHIT. GET AT HIM IMMEDIATELY.
I PERSONALLY WOULD 50 CENT THIS GUY FOR THAT.

Ladius
02-12-2004, 03:54 AM
wow, that is pure bull shit, i hope you get to the bottem of this Henry.

agreed !

DJPAUZE
02-12-2004, 04:02 AM
wow was just looking for a comparison and found one here:

http://www.tuneinn.com/media2.php?id=4529&t=A1&fm=

complete bs Henry, someone needs to lose testes for this!

Pauze :twisted:

anx
02-12-2004, 04:50 AM
wow

i have heard of loop stealing but this is just rediculous!!!

davethedrummer
02-12-2004, 06:11 PM
blimey !!!! alright alright!!! calm down everyone!
it was a mistake !
apparently an overzealous web designer put this clip up thinking it wouldn't really matter that he didn't have a real clip from riot 6 to work with.
it turns out it's just a short excerpt from a bk mix ( i think from the recent euphoria one ) which is why it sound like 2 tracks being mixed together (literally)
so really nothing to get too heated about.
i was pretty concerned at first but once i found out what had happenned it didn't really matter.
they're gonna have a word with the guy so he doesn't do it again and obviously they'll take the clip down for now.

stupid eh?

thanks for your concern , but best not to fire before you take aim eh?

Mucky Beats
02-12-2004, 06:46 PM
blimey !!!! alright alright!!! calm down everyone!
it was a mistake !
apparently an overzealous web designer put this clip up thinking it wouldn't really matter that he didn't have a real clip from riot 6 to work with.
it turns out it's just a short excerpt from a bk mix ( i think from the recent euphoria one ) which is why it sound like 2 tracks being mixed together (literally)
so really nothing to get too heated about.
i was pretty concerned at first but once i found out what had happenned it didn't really matter.
they're gonna have a word with the guy so he doesn't do it again and obviously they'll take the clip down for now.

stupid eh?

thanks for your concern , but best not to fire before you take aim eh?

Thats well funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pure quality thats just the kind of thing that gets the old blood rushing !!!
:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
Then you end up laughing your head off !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
b.k's mixing must be quite good !

rs1800
02-12-2004, 09:52 PM
I meant they may have taken a sample by accident from a mix but the tune itself hasnt got hydro 24 in it.

But I dont suppose that would happen so ill shut up now!

O well, thats what I meant at the time ! :bash:

fatcollective
03-12-2004, 02:04 PM
:oops:

lunatrick
03-12-2004, 03:10 PM
come on guys - wether you like hardhouse or not - do you really think bk or ed real would do something like that? be serious..... :doh:

fatcollective
03-12-2004, 03:53 PM
all i can say is :neutral:

MangaFish
06-12-2004, 09:29 PM
come on guys - wether you like hardhouse or not - do you really think bk or ed real would do something like that? be serious..... :doh:

they have done in the past

lunatrick
06-12-2004, 10:27 PM
surely if this posts proves anything - be sure of your facts before you accuse people of ripping somebody else off - I've no idea if this has happened in the past - but seeing as they both release a massive amount of tunes (bk must be up there with the acid techno boys for sheer number of tunes) i can't really see why they would feel the need - they don't seem to lack either inspiration or perspiration.....

278d7e64a374de26f==