PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Fuentes Remix - Northern Darkness

dirty_bass
29-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Well, seems like everyone has had a go, so I thought I would too.
I`ve gone for a very deep tribal affair.
I`m not too sure as to the quality of this final mix, as it has been done with me still reeling from last nights party, and no sleep. So my ears may not be quite right.

Let me know what you think, and I`ll get the final version done for the compo.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Northern_Darkness_DB_Burning_Embers_Mix.mp3

xfive
29-11-2004, 09:20 PM
I dunno man this is nice sounds quality wise as always... but it doesn't really do anything for me :neutral:

I don't hear a real direction for it to go.. it sorta just plods along then ends.
Maybe if you took it and narrowed it down to a solid groove or theme it would rock... and even shorten it too if necessary.

Just callin it how I hear it ;)

xfive
29-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Just a side note - I think the current arrangement could work as an intro to a mix or live-pa.. good starting place to kick the mix to the next gear.

BRADLEE
29-11-2004, 09:39 PM
I think it's definately a good mix myself. I agree that it would be a great opener because of the chilled aspects of the tune. However I don't think any real changes are needed. Sounds good to me. :clap:

curly
29-11-2004, 09:51 PM
This Track sort of reminds me of when i first started clubbing, pendragon at the tysen st. studios. I like the trancy feel, esp the synths, but with a techno beet. not much of this about here. only listening on chhep headphones at the minuite, will listen to properly tomorrow.

curly
29-11-2004, 09:56 PM
must remember to only press submit once.
sorry

audioinjection
29-11-2004, 10:05 PM
damn, this shit is tight

i like the atmospheric sounds, kinda trancy, but deep as well, very nice

dan the acid man
29-11-2004, 11:50 PM
this is pretty good, im not sure about some of the levels, but like you said, your ears are still recovering

Mindful
30-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Downloaded and will listen tonight and will give feedback tommorow.

Mindful
02-12-2004, 03:18 AM
Like this one,very nice.
The way the pads n synths sweep around and bounce off each other is sweet(they are trancy aint they)
Also youve got the spooky Dr who synth sounding ghostly as f**k.
As far as the quality of the mix it sounds tight to me and thought the arragment kept the track intresting.

good work geezer.

dirty_bass
02-12-2004, 10:55 PM
I dunno about trance, some so called techno people call any melody trance.
I equate trance with repetative, predictable appreggios and major, blatant key changes.

So ner.

haha. (puts on childish face)

fatcollective
03-12-2004, 12:41 PM
trance?...definately trancey....or this is what a trance dj would call techno?....you got a really good sound thats for sure, and its different...i think everyone is expecting bang bang bang ...and its not so i would say its unexpected quality...nice approach steve....good stuff ;)

dirty_bass
03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
I¬m just findin it difficult to do anything "hard" these days.
It`s too easy to knock up a bit of hard techno, a few clattering sounds, bit of compression and bit reduction, something that screams, some rumble under the kick and hey presto.

BRADLEE
03-12-2004, 07:31 PM
DIRTY BASS Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:19 pm Post subject:
I¬m just findin it difficult to do anything "hard" these days.
It`s too easy to knock up a bit of hard techno, a few clattering sounds, bit of compression and bit reduction, something that screams, some rumble under the kick and hey presto.

You can do it my man, just use the force within you. I love when you do the hard shit :clap: Even though it is not your current focus, you will come back to the dark side :evil:

Oracle
09-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Interesting stuff. I like the percussive elements but possibly could have done with a bit more variation. The stutter around two thirds of the way through the track works really well for me. I like the fact that you don't rinse this technique - it has more impact as a result.

278d7e64a374de26f==