PDA

View Full Version : Reason 3.0 - Comin Soon

Antinoise
29-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Does not look like anything too new synthwise but it does look like a major improvment in cleaning it up and making it a more professional device.
------------------------------------------------------
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/Reason-30.html

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/Reason-30-Combinator-lg.jpg

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/Reason-30-MClass-lg.jpg

"Propellerhead Software announced version 3.0 of Reason, an update that focuses on live performance, taking Reason from the studio realm to the stage.

Reason 3 introduces a new module, the Combinator, which allows users to build elaborate chains of Reason devices-instruments, effects, pattern sequencer etc., and save as a Combi patch. With it's ability to load-up complex instruments routed through effect units and dynamic processors in one go, the Combinator is a playable, performance friendly device.

Additional new features include:

Remote: Instant out of the box integration with most major control surfaces including support for motorized faders and controller displays.
New soundbank: An expanded soundbank with increased focus on providing a wide palette of multi sampled instruments and huge sounding Combi patches.
New browser: Reason's new browser will help you work faster and better in Reason. Free text search across your entire sound library, organize your sounds in favorite folders, audition play all samples and patches via MIDI.
MClass: A mastering suite comparable with any hard- or software units. The suite consists of a four band parametric + shelving EQ, a stereo processor, a fantastic sounding compressor and a maximizer with look ahead limiter.
Reason 3 is expected to ship early 2005. An upgrade discount will be available for Reason owners. Upgrade and retail price TBA. "
"

H3lx
29-11-2004, 11:11 PM
fantastic new feature for live performance meaning that you can open up projects within a project

which is nice

xfive
29-11-2004, 11:26 PM
We need a little emoticon of a smiley makin the hand jerk motion... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Yea yea I'm just kiddin.... reason is coo... :)

Greg Dee
30-11-2004, 12:10 AM
looks phat.

g
30-11-2004, 12:14 AM
speaking of opinion: yawn.

Kevin Gorman
30-11-2004, 12:54 AM
that looks neat!

Scott Kemix
30-11-2004, 01:54 AM
mmmmm, looks nice, but does it sound nice? I think the program needs more attention on the mixing desk side of things as it has always been a bit lame

Louk
30-11-2004, 02:26 AM
CANT WAITT

shame theres no vst support

RDR
30-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Im on the beta list. If they decide to let me beta it ill let you all know...

networkacid
30-11-2004, 10:43 AM
MClass: A mastering suite comparable with any hard- or software units

Somehow I doubt it :roll:

networkacid
30-11-2004, 10:45 AM
mmmmm, looks nice, but does it sound nice? I think the program needs more attention on the mixing desk side of things as it has always been a bit lame

Agree 100%

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it's a dream program for writing tunes with, but the sound is just sub-standard.

Scott Kemix
30-11-2004, 12:41 PM
yep

detfella
30-11-2004, 12:53 PM
the audio engine has been overhauled app

still the sound has never really bothered me, i bought reason 1 after all the hype, and it was my worst buy ever. the midi programming is shocking on and i just dont like the feel of the program.

Scott Kemix
30-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Used to use the program quite alot, but it never had the overall sound i was after :cry:

Larney
30-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Underwhelmed! :cry:

Scott Kemix
30-11-2004, 01:37 PM
just not bloody good enough

professor
30-11-2004, 01:49 PM
reason is a good suite to learn on...but I agree that the sound is somehow not up to par. It is sort of metallic to me...thin...even rewired to Logic. Of course maybe I just don't know how to get the best out of it.
My set-up is almost entirely hardware now, and the hardware sound seems so much better (of course there is hardware that sounds like sh-t too!).

Scott Kemix
30-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Totally agree with you there man :clap:

detfella
01-12-2004, 01:34 AM
poor sound quality of a track doesnt necessairly bother me. if something sounds very averagly produced but it has some crazy messed up beats/sounds i'll love it :love:

i suppose production in dance music is more important, if it doesnt kick out the system no dj is likely to play it. if reason sounds so bad, couldnt u just overload it thru an analogue mixer or something :?:

Scott Kemix
01-12-2004, 10:54 AM
To be honest i think you can push reason quite far. I produced many tracks on the program about 2 years ago to send some demo's off, suppose if you use it for this reason then you are safe as they only want an idea of how your tracks have been built etc

xes
06-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Helloooo.

i'm seriously thinking of investing in some software to start making acid techno. I was looking at reason3.

Not so sure now looking at some of the comments on here. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of seomthing else for a complete novice to start with?

taa.

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Download the FLStudio demo - I prefer it to Reason, and anything else to be honest. http://www.fruityloops.com

Others will be able to recommend a good 303 VST I'm sure

JE:5
06-12-2004, 05:34 PM
The best software 303 emulation VSTi at the moment is the Audiorealism Bassline (http://www.audiorealism.se/)

Craig McW
07-12-2004, 12:26 AM
I've been using Reason for a while now..... and seriously I don't know where all these sound complaints come from??

It sounds great to me...... I use it for basic sequncing and programming, but then transfer everything to cubase for mixing down. Sounds sweet as.

I can't afford to buy any of the VST's for cubase for mac (yes I've tried downloading, no go) so Reason is perfect for what I want.

Maybe I'm doing everything ass about, but it works for me.

Craig McW
07-12-2004, 12:56 AM
After all that, I am thinking of purchasing Logic simply because it looks a little more efficient thatn the Reason/Cubase Combo. Or am I just doing everything wrong?

H3lx
07-12-2004, 01:13 AM
I've been using Reason for a while now..... and seriously I don't know where all these sound complaints come from??

It sounds great to me...... I use it for basic sequncing and programming, but then transfer everything to cubase for mixing down. Sounds sweet as..

therein lies the important part

you bounce down through cubase

reason on its own without that, sounds gack

with cubase, it sounds fine

daviec
07-12-2004, 09:14 AM
That explains why I didn't think Reason had mince sound then. I've never really used it till recently, but whenever I have used it I've had it rewired through Cubase SX2. Sounds fine. :clap:

waldhaus
07-12-2004, 12:43 PM
i dont like the workflow of reason. with fruity, it all seems faster and easier to me to produce the sounds i want to have. a second point for me is that reason has no VST support!

but I will test reason 3 of course!

xes
08-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Download the FLStudio demo - I prefer it to Reason, and anything else to be honest. http://www.fruityloops.com

Others will be able to recommend a good 303 VST I'm sure
Thank you very much,you to JE:5 :)

I'll have a gander at that when I get home.

Dave Elyzium
08-12-2004, 12:20 PM
CANT WAITT

shame theres no vst support

yeah why they have never implemented this has puzzled me - in todays market surely you have to have plugin support

fresh_an_funky_design
08-12-2004, 12:28 PM
After all that, I am thinking of purchasing Logic simply because it looks a little more efficient thatn the Reason/Cubase Combo. Or am I just doing everything wrong?

I use cubase at the moment, but i master in logic an it kicks cubase's arse, as you dont need to buy plug ins. All the plug ins it comes with are much better than vsti's as they are much more stable an sound ten times better. Dont get me wrong i think cubase is great but when i can afford it i'm gonna buy logic! And i know quite a few top techno producers who've swapped to logic recently!!

On the reason side i've never really been able to get into it. Dont really like the sound and dont like all the fidally wiring at the back! but i know some people who swear by reason.... each to there own i say!

Dave Elyzium
08-12-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah the raeson sound untreated can be flat and digital sounding...but with a good bit of post production on it you can get it sounding nice and phat...

as far as logic goes i used to use this rewired to reason..worked a treat but the bastards at emagic stopped making it for PC so i transfered to cubase for obvious reasons...

278d7e64a374de26f==