PDA

View Full Version : LORD A' MERCY... please help me

log:one
18-04-2003, 06:22 PM
im having a big-ass problem with cubase sx... self inflicted tho...
i have a second hard drive which used to be main drive, i was deleting stuff and i (like a dickcheese) ran an old cubase vst uninstall... now whenever i start SX i get a message "Error - Sound engine could not be started" then two more "No Sound Input" and "No Sound Output"
then in VST Multitrack in the drop down menu where ASIO DirectX Full Duplex driver normally is, its empty! what in the name of our lord jesus is going on???
i have uninstalled and reinstalled like thirteen times now to no avail... weird thing is the soundcard still works with everything else (fruity etc)
can anyone help?

MARKEG
18-04-2003, 06:34 PM
have you run the asio set up prog? goto all programs > steinberg cubase sx > asio setup ... make sure the outputs are checked that you want to use...

log:one
18-04-2003, 06:41 PM
thats another gay as hell thing... when i run that prog i get yet another error message saying "blah blah blah, no error information" or something... its really twisting my nipples.

Barely Human
20-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Try uninstalling again, both sx and 5.1. Then go to regedit(start menu, run, type regedit) Then search for all the cubase files, delete them all then try installing again. Be very careful what you delete as this can seriosly mess up your pc. Failing that, your gonna have to format your hard drives, unless any one else has any ideas?

DJZeMig_L
21-04-2003, 09:50 PM
This might b the prob solver!!

After all the unistalling and regedit thingy.... install the soundcard anywayz... look 4 it asio driver... someting.dll probably... copy u a temp folder...

install cubase... if it still acts up... copy the dll 2 the asio folder of cubase... then do what Mark advised.. it should work now!! fingers crossed..

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==