PDA

View Full Version : easy ? ..

tracatak
30-11-2004, 10:54 PM
how do i get my vsts/plugins to werk in fruity loops studio 4 //...most of them are .dll files..so i install..mayeb both on some..dont really remember...but do iplace the .dll fiels in vst only or in fruity genereators or fruity effects..im guessin it depends on if they are effects like a delay or a piano.synth which im guess is a generator..do is kip both of those files n put em str8 in C:\Program Files\FLStudio4\Plugins\VST ok stupid ? i know..but any help would be great...i always get like 2 out 10 vsts i d/l to werk..im sick of it..lol..ty

Barely Human
01-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Dont put any of your vst plugins in the fruity directory. Make a new directory somewhere sensible on your harddrive and name it "Plugins" or something along those lines. Then you can link this folder to any program that you want to use the plugins with. On fruity, you do this by going "Options" and then "file settings", and then at the bottom, there is an option to "select Vst search directory"...

RDR
01-12-2004, 09:44 AM
My way is to install them into the cubase sx vst folder and then point fruityloops at this folder.

tracatak
01-12-2004, 10:43 PM
ok ...have been doing that..i guess some are jsut a lil wacky cuz they were free..the ones i need so far are werking..thanks/..

DJZeMigL
13-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Install all into Cubase/VST Plug Ins folder...

Then U gotta go into fruity and on the file setting set that folder as the plug's folder...

Now the secret is 2 tick only the effects when u add more plug ins from the mixer efects (select/ more/refresh/ fast Scan (recommended)) .. and only vst or Dx instruments when U do it from the Channels (add one/ more/refresh/ fast Scan (recommended)) menu.. this way U don't end up with instruments as efects or vice-versa! If u do get messed up just go back the same way and untick the misbehaved pluggo

Z

schlongfingers
14-12-2004, 04:23 AM
DON'T save a file if Fruity acts strangely with a plugin, even if you remove the plugin and carry on - I lost a wicked track I'd spent about 8 hours getting together after adding a Buzz machine effect that was screwy. It threw up an error so I removed the offending machine and carried on trying other effects. Came to the end of the session and saved... next time I opened, file corrupt.. aaaaaarrrrrgghghhhhh

Rule number one, use the 'save as new version' option.

278d7e64a374de26f==