PDA

View Full Version : Clearing samples?

Orange
19-04-2003, 08:10 PM
I wanted to ask a question about sampling vocals like the hip hop guy who "don't like techno" loop (out now) and many other vocal samples used in techno tracks. I don't think alot of the samples are cleared. I could be wrong. I have an intuition that techno records don't make enough money for sampled artists, in general, to be bothered about pursuing legal action for any possible royalties. If you're in the know, please shine some light on this topic. Thanx

MARKEG
21-04-2003, 01:20 AM
I've always thought **** it. You're exactly right - techno doesn't make enough money. BUT if your track blows up to superstar status - you need to be prepared to sort this out.

Mind you, I did a track for Bonzai a few years ago and sampled something and they instisted we get it cleared. I suppose certain ppl work different ways.

Barely Human
21-04-2003, 10:45 AM
There is a way round this. If you make a tune with a sample and the tune goes massive, all you have to do is a cover version of the sample yourself, asuming its human speech out of a film or something, and as you cant copyright somthing that you say, theres nothing they can do.

DJZeMig_L
21-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Sample BUT use it creativly... If it blows up.. some company will show up 2 buy u out and pay the clearing... the wayz of the techno mafia!! lol :P

Z

Orange
23-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Cheers to each for the insights. :D

278d7e64a374de26f==