PDA

View Full Version : Paraniod inside

The Divide
21-04-2003, 01:45 AM
Just finnished this...

http://www.omnismusic.com/DF_-_paranoid_inside.mp3

Realy enjoyed making it and recon i could do some more mixes of it, if any 1 has some feedback on where to go then let me know, i wanna know the bad points...

FrEaKy

MARKEG
21-04-2003, 02:04 AM
**** in ell Furn. This track has alot of potential. Best thing you've done M8. You've got to work on this mix and get it right. At first I was thinking jesus h christ, you've just turned out an anthem. In fact, as it stands it's more than releasable I reckon.

Then do some other mixes.

But what got me before the break is the ride went on too long. Give it more movement before the break. And perhaps make the kick sound a little 'lower' ?????????? (although I'm sure it'd be ok as it is? - what does everyone else think?)

Come on guys - let's get Furn some feedback here....

PS It sounds very Alex K Katz. I'm sure Construct Rhythm/Form would be interested in this...

The Divide
21-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Ha ha ha, that was a quick reply. Thanks man.

Yer i have the desk set up to do more mixes of it. Like the vocals, its me! Took a couple of pints a bitter to get my vioce as croaky as that a tell ya! Ha ha ha. Maybe i should do anyway with the synth and work on pure drums and have it busier at the start or even a mix thats more abstract. I will play around with the kick but i have been having some serious problems getting kicks in to sit with the sub bass still i have e.qed out the very low clap of the sub from the kick and maybe i took it out too far. Anyways i think i can squeeze a few more mixes outa this so cheers.

FURN

Adverse
21-04-2003, 02:26 AM
i've been listening to this track over the last couple days and i say it's turning out to be quite a whopper. you know what i think mate.

cheers

Orange
21-04-2003, 01:46 PM
This track is fcukinnnnnng awesome :D :D :D.

MARKEG
21-04-2003, 03:41 PM
don't take the synth out unless you're doing a completely different mix. that's my advice. all the elements are perfect on this mix - just some very very small adjustments could make it into a total alex k katz style classic....

John Vella
21-04-2003, 09:54 PM
I could see this doing some **serious** damage in an outdoor festival!!!

I am almost certain this would devastate WEMF.... :)

Seems more like a dark hard trance track to me than a techno one.... (Not that it matters one bit or makes it any less relivant or musically credible-- just sayin that if this were in the trance section you'd REALLY TURN SOME HEADS WITH THIS! :) )

Great work!

Where did u get the sample from?

-JOHNNY

The Divide
22-04-2003, 02:11 AM
Thanks you lot. The feebacks great, ime trying to get more mixes out of it but its driving crazy, ime almost brainwashed by this track so am calling it a day for now anyway. Esp after doing mix that sounded less powerfull than the first :roll: . I agree theres somekinda trance / techno / eroupean feel to it. Its the synth thats doing that which is a waldorf pulse. You asked about the samples, well i got some single hits coming outa an akai the bass is from a Roland Juno-1 and all the vocals are me. Ey bye gum its hard when you got a yorkshire accent and sound like a propper twat a tell ya...

John Vella
22-04-2003, 02:58 AM
Haha - better your accent than that of a redneck from Alabama or some place like that. :wink:

-JOHNNY

Philth
23-04-2003, 02:27 AM
wow... nice work. it's definately a construct rhythm kind of track. wicked.

i have to agree with mark though. personally, i'd like the kick to be a bit lower. it sounds a bit high... unless that's what you were going for. really enjoyed it.

phil

The Divide
23-04-2003, 02:34 AM
Well thats just fantastic!!! Watch this space coz i just finnished a better mix using that exact advice and its much better quality mix. Thanks poeple, thats realy made a differance...

FURN

Adverse
23-04-2003, 03:52 AM
STINKERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Divide
23-04-2003, 04:00 AM
I know ime a stinker!!!!! Smell the wraph of my stench...

www.omnismusic.com/DF_-_paranoid_inside.mp3

Improved mix as promised. Thanks Mark and Mr Belson, nice ideas with the kick. Hope it sounds better, i think it does.

FrEaKy

MARKEG
23-04-2003, 09:56 AM
i'll have to listen again l8r but at first listens, you've defo made it sound better. don't really know 100% until i listen to it @ night... if anything, the lyric may seem to go on a little too much now. it seems like when everything comes back in after the break, you're sort of expecting it to go and come back in l8r. but it doesn't - it carries on. and that could be boring on the dancefloor????? i know you change the actual words but the feel is stil the same cause of the way the voice whispers. and you might not hear that so well on the dancefloor. i would do another mix too of this with an ever so slight bit less vocal just to be safe. one with no vocal too so you can add it l8r if you f*** up????????????? i dunno, it's just a suggestion... it's always best to be safe than sorry in these situations and have all angles covered....

Philth
23-04-2003, 06:15 PM
i really like this improved mix. very nice indeed.

instead of turning the vocal sample down... you might want to not have the vocal sample in the beginning, then bring it in after the 1st break. maybe a bit louder than it is right now, then drop it out after the 2nd break. dunno... just a thought. i think the vocal sounds pretty wicked, but personally wanted to hear it a bit more, but not for as long in the track.

nice one man.
phil

The Divide
24-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Ok it's done now for good (well mix 1 :wink: ). The feedbacks realy made a differant poeple, **** i ought to have all yer names in the credits if it goes places. Thanks...

www.omnismusic.com/DF_-_paranoid_inside_(final_mix).mp3

P.S thank **** its done now tho, i havnt moved from this room in 3-4 days and i am beginning to stick to the chair!!!!!

Adverse
24-04-2003, 11:32 PM
www.omnismusic.com/DF_-_paranoid_inside_(final_mix).mp3

278d7e64a374de26f==