PDA

View Full Version : Getting intertested in techno

darkstar
21-04-2003, 03:28 AM
Ok ive always been more of a hard trance person and ive never really heard much techno but i heard some the other day and it was pretty cool, can someone name me some classic techno tracks (kinda more on the hard side if there is a hard side) and i will try and check them out, cuz im openminded about most music. Thanks.

Adverse
21-04-2003, 05:12 AM
glenn wilson - terminate - codeing sequence - planet rhythm 32

Buttman
21-04-2003, 12:19 PM
Anything by Regis.

BritishMurderBoy
21-04-2003, 12:52 PM
as for labels a few of my faves are

dynamic tension
counter balance
downwords

miromiric.
21-04-2003, 01:16 PM
as for labels a few of my faves are

dynamic tension
counter balance
downwords

:D

darkstar
21-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Ok thanks people, do you know any links to realaudio samples ? etc

BritishMurderBoy
21-04-2003, 11:47 PM
http://www.nuloop.com/
http://www.bangingtunes.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1
http://www.dj-surgeon.com/

BritishMurderBoy
21-04-2003, 11:48 PM
enjoy

:twisted:

darkstar
22-04-2003, 12:16 AM
Hmmmm some interesting tracks on those links, not really my thing tho. I did like Blackout Audio 007 - Patrick Skoog Vs The Anxious the A side, i think thats pretty cool! i prefer the harder stuff

Adverse
22-04-2003, 12:49 AM
check planet rhythm, compound,stigmata, deaf mosaic, adverse, HOG. if you like blackout you definitely like those.

Adverse
22-04-2003, 12:50 AM
come to think of it adv02 is the anxious :P

Addict
22-04-2003, 02:49 PM
Lecher Madche if you can get it FURCK me what a tune. Ever so slightly trancey but in a "go away so I can **** your mum" kind of way. That's the tune that got me into techno.
Nice one Chris!

Stuart
22-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Birds on E by Mike Dearborn

Drone Sector

The nastiest sound when mixed together. :lol:

All Glenn wilson

anx
22-04-2003, 05:51 PM
(kinda more on the hard side if there is a hard side)

you have no idea hehehe
its called HARD techno for a reason

darkstar
22-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Used to listen to colin Faver :P

Geoff
23-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Many many many online sets here :

http://boxermp3.freeweb.hu/mixek01.shtml

If you have time to spare, checkout the sets from

DJ Rush
Jeff Mills
Mark Hawkins
Regis
Chris Liberator
Suburban Knight
Adam Beyer

miasma man
24-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Have you checked out:

Robert Natus - usually kicks my arse into the middle of the next decade!

Chris Liberator (also check out Cluster Records)

Andreas Kramer

K D Smith

Woody McBride (some are hard, some not quite so hard - but usually top quality)

Advent - Cisco Ferria (I can never spell his surname!?)

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, if I do I'll let you know...

Enjoy

MM :)

DJZeMig_L
24-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Cisco Ferreira (Francisco Ferreira!!)...

Z

MARKEG
24-04-2003, 09:29 PM
this is all so subjective though. i seriously think the best thing to do is get yourself on a good record shop site - www.tuneinn.com for starters and listen to the new stuff and see what you like... it'd be great if you reported back the sort of artists you like.

darkstar
24-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Ive heard alot of Andreas Kramer i think his techno tracks are excellent ! alot different from what i normally listen to, i made them slightly faster and played em pretty loud, and it was quite stormin'

darkstar
24-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Mark after listening to some tunes on that site u said, some sound like the tracks on an old Trade EP i have, dunno if its house or techno tho ?

Patrick
24-04-2003, 10:18 PM
If you can't find stuff you like browsing Tuneinn on line, phone them up and speak to Chris (Gawtry). I think, from what you've said, Chris probably plays a style you'd like so he should be able to pull out a few numbers to play to you. Word of warning though, they charge a little extra for phone orders (50p a vinyl I think) so it's worth noting them down then going back on-line to order.

MARKEG
24-04-2003, 10:24 PM
well p, i do think you're probably right in a way.. if you say 'i want ak style', then you'll get some good stuff along the lines you want from someone who knows what to give you. but if you've got a good pair of speakers, i often think it's better to sit and listen properly. i hate the phone. i end up buying so much sh*t. at least with the computer i can really tell.

dark > did you go to - catalogue - techno - new releases????

darkstar
25-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Yea i did Mark theres some good stuff on there

I was thinking ive made some tunes like the hard techno on there, ages ago and i deleted them thinking no one wud like it, hmmmm its strange cuz im getting to like it more now, i think i'll have a go at makin something new and post it on here soon.

MARKEG
25-04-2003, 12:47 AM
well this is a totally positive result - another convert to techno!

Let us know when you need some more info :=]

Patrick
25-04-2003, 09:28 AM
. i hate the phone. i end up buying so much sh*t. at least with the computer i can really tell.

Than fck it's not just me then ! The number of times I've had orders through and thought "Hang on ! They've stitched me here, I never ordered this shit" only to double check and find I really had orderd it. The lack of bass over the phone is a real hinderance - but I've got sly about it now. Have a chat, get some recommends but don't order straight away. Hang up, go on-line and listen for a quick double check before deciding. Sneaky, but more effective, especially if you trust the person at the other end and they know your tastes.

The other obvious one we haven't mentioned yet - get yourself to a good techno club. Find DJs whose style you like, then check out their charts until you get a feel for the kind of labels/producers that do it for ya. And I know it's sad, but it is also sometimes worth 'anoracking' it and checking out what's being played by taking a sneaky peek or just asking the DJ afterwards. Contrary to popular belief, most techno DJs are approachable, friendly, helpful types - in fact most of them will bore the arse off you for hours talking about tunes if you give them half a chance. Ha ha.

And obviously buy the entire Jeff Mills back catalogue :P :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==