PDA

View Full Version : Defunction

curly
04-12-2004, 10:44 PM
www.studio61.org/tunes/Defunction.mp3

This is something that I have been working on today, I think that i need to look at the compression a bit more. I want to use waves c1, sidechaned for the percussion, but i can't seem to get it working, it just closes cubase. I am running Cubase SL 2.0.0. I must thank loopdom for the link to the drum samples.

any thoughts are welcomed,

AcidTrash
08-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Very raw hard sound there and the effect on it is maybe a little too strong. Nice clean production on the lead production.Theres some thing that sounds like a heavy metal guitar in there that REALLY wants to be louder!! :)

Needs some ride cymbals or something to give it some pace. Very stompy. Good effort.

AcidTrash
08-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Funny you should say that. I just turned that noise down and made the kick harder and then read that^ Great minds think alike huh!?

curly
08-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks for taking the time to listen. That tune was made in a day, and mixed down at the end of the session. I must stop doing this, when i listened the following day it all sounded so wrong. I will rework this, but i have just bought a laptop, and need to transfer all my files over before i can do any more work.

cheers for you help.

BRADLEE
08-12-2004, 10:06 PM
I really like this tune alot. I'd buy it for sure. The sounds are really nice and rough and the shit is nice and driving. Good work. :clap:

Jack
08-12-2004, 10:56 PM
nice snappy hi hats,
very dark and dirty nice

278d7e64a374de26f==