PDA

View Full Version : Eric Prydz

tioneb
05-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Err i know we've discussed about him already.

But Dam he totally ripped Bangalter and falcon's ass !!!! Becasue the original producers of "Call on me" and their label Roule didnt have the money to pay the original sample their track only came out on whit elabel.

Prydz (and Ministry of Sound) bought the sample and issued Prydz remix without mentionning bangalter & falcon, nor Roule recordings..; And now they make moeny with it !!! SUCKS !!!

eyes without a face
05-12-2004, 12:53 PM
WORD

Sunil
05-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Err i know we've discussed about him already.

But Dam he totally ripped Bangalter and falcon's ass !!!! Becasue the original producers of "Call on me" and their label Roule didnt have the money to pay the original sample their track only came out on whit elabel.

Prydz (and Ministry of Sound) bought the sample and issued Prydz remix without mentionning bangalter & falcon, nor Roule recordings..; And now they make moeny with it !!! SUCKS !!!

Well hang on, this originated from a Steve Winwood song ("Valerie") from years ago, so I wouldn't be worrying about Banglater and Falcon too much.

On a similar note, I'm not sure that Kingsize or Skint ever gave credit to the Housemaster Boyz or The Hypnotist when Phil Kieran released "Chunka Funk" and "My House".

jesus
05-12-2004, 01:39 PM
yeha that Steve Winwood liked it so much he re recorded the vocal for the rmix apparently.

Honeey
05-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Here’s a link to the video and some info about it.

http://www.internetdj.com/article.php?storyid=472

Stella Boy
05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Hell yeah, the video more than makes up for it in my eyes :lol:

Honeey
05-12-2004, 04:58 PM

Ya I figured you guys would like that one ;)

Traxx
05-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Tis a good video yar :drool:

Fordy
05-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I thought someone originally stole the record out of pryd'z record bag, wacked it onto white label and tried flogging it off as their own... roule :neutral:

dan the acid man
05-12-2004, 08:12 PM

oh yes, and they've brought out an exercise video for christmas :cool: :lol:

Traxx
05-12-2004, 08:16 PM

oh yes, and they've brought out an exercise video for christmas :cool: :lol:

Better than 12 pairs of socks. I want one :love: :love:

jesus
05-12-2004, 11:37 PM
speaking of daft punk check these samples.
http://jruaux.free.fr/clips/George%20Duke%20-%20I%20Love%20You%20More.mp3
http://jruaux.free.fr/clips/Edwin%20Birdsong%20-%20Cola%20Bottle%20Baby.mp3
umm.. :eh:

from here http://jruaux.free.fr/samples.htm

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 12:32 AM
The way I heard it, Steve Winwood didn't like the original mix, but did like the Eric Prydz / Retarded Funk mix.

Either way, who gives a shit? Don't like it , don't buy it - at the end of the day the owners of the sample cleared the Prydz version. Call on me is nowhere near his best work.

detfella
06-12-2004, 12:54 AM
orginal bootleg by a guy called BaZ on getyourbootlegson forum, eric was pulled in to vamp it up i heard

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 02:50 AM
You are bang on - http://www.raw42.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=10971784 97

scienceofuse
06-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Call on me is nowhere near his best work.

He's done some cool stuff as Cirez D... Check out Control Freak (http://217.158.65.110/MP3/SF155284-01-01-01.mp3//url) on Mouseville... I like the funky breaks on this one...

Louk
06-12-2004, 08:20 AM
I thought someone originally stole the record out of pryd'z record bag, wacked it onto white label and tried flogging it off as their own... roule :neutral:

someone did but it wasnt roule!!

Louk

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 08:33 AM
who cares ? its a piece of wishay washy pop pish...

suprised to see it in this forum tbh. nothing the slightest bit dark/techno about it whatsoever..

in fact its mobile ringtone bollox :rambo:

eyes without a face
06-12-2004, 10:25 AM
who cares ? its a piece of wishay washy pop pish

summed up nicely i think mate :clap:

Adverse
06-12-2004, 11:25 AM
in fact.

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 11:39 AM
It's the club / hard techno forum innit? Can't see why this is any less pertinent than Intec releases etc

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 11:51 AM
i think theres a diff between Intec & #1 pop tunes

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 11:59 AM
i think theres a diff between Intec & #1 pop tunes

Yeah, a sexy video and a better marketing department. Musically it's very very similar.

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 01:10 PM
:roll:

whatever schlong...

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Come on, Just Kick remix is cheesy as a quaver.

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 01:23 PM
what has Intec or Jus Kick got to do with this pishy house balls ? its not even a decent house track, its pop music man. it has no reason to be in this particular forum...

i know your jus having a jest, but sexy videos ?

that prydz track has nowt to do with techno. period. why u drag Intec into it i dont know...

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 01:26 PM
have u got the Intec ep Marco Bailey done ? the one with 'Play It Back' cos it aint the slightest bit cheesey.. in fact, its very very very hard techno..

yorkie
06-12-2004, 01:27 PM
that prydz track has nowt to do with techno. period. why u drag Intec into it i dont know...

i think we can all remember why intec is gettin a slating: rubbish (http://www.discogs.com/artist/Cohen+vs+Deluxe)

tekboi
06-12-2004, 01:29 PM
I dont understand why people are dissing Prydz, he is a fantastic producer and does it well.

And just coz he comes from a #1 single to releasing one of the best techno releases this year in my opinion (Mouseville001) he shouldnt be looked differently.

Not very into his house stuff at all to be honest apart from Call On Me though as Cirez D I rate very highly.

yorkie
06-12-2004, 01:33 PM
no disrespct to prydz, but havin a number 1 hit in a "pop chart" automatically makes ppl disrespect him for not being "underground" enough, not my personal opinion, but it is true, the better and more successful some1 is, the less ppl can respect them (in some cases). Take Mr. Clarke for example. (I'm not gonna go down this route, so please don't any1 else ;) )

as for eric prydz call on me, there is no reason for it to be discussed in this forum really... its jus not techno..!?

as for his other releases, i have to admit that i am ignorant to them and so shall check the other stuf out before omitting a personal opion on the guy,

anyway,

Peace ;)

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 01:37 PM
i aint slaggin him or any other work hes done. i dont know & dont care, but that track has nowt to do with techno imo.

thats all. i dont see why slaggin Intec is gonna change anything ? whats it got to do wit them ? nowt

regardless of what you think of anything else, Call On Me is chart pop. not techno.

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 01:46 PM
what has Intec or Jus Kick got to do with this pishy house balls ? its not even a decent house track, its pop music man. it has no reason to be in this particular forum...

i know your jus having a jest, but sexy videos ?

I disagree, Call On Me gets played alongside Intec music on a regular basis - as for it's pop music, so feckin what, are you saying pop music (by definition popular, as in lots of people buy it) music cannot be techno? I disagree. Jaguar, Strings, Just Kick, Goodlife, Big Fun, Dooms Night, Aphex the list goes on.

I'm bringing Intec into it because many (not all) of all their releases are commercially accessable in very much the same manner as this Prydz track - the only difference being that MOS have honed their marketing too a finer degree than Intec, which brings me on to sexy videos - that, in my opinion, is the sole reason for the success of this record, there are tonnes of very similar recent releases that haven't hit number one - the video is the key to it's success. It's played practically every hour on the music channels - airplay equals record sales

Nowt to do with techno? I dunno, if I'm honest, I think that most commercially released house music at the moment leans heavily towards the commercial end of techno.. AKA club techno

schlongfingers
06-12-2004, 01:47 PM
I'm not slagging Intec - I'm saying they release commercial techno / house music. If you think that's an insult then that's your issue, I like some commercial techno / house music.

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 01:52 PM
fair enuff...

BUT (for the last fekking time) i dont see it as being hard or club techno.

jus my opinion. there are a lot worse labels than Intec & tbh, if u class Call On Me as techno, then we are talking at cross purposes about sumthin totally different...

i see DK8 as being techno, but not that Prydz track. its as bad as 'One More Time' by Daft Punk imo

278d7e64a374de26f==