PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - ill behavin - new housier track

eyes without a face
06-12-2004, 02:37 AM
totally scrapped the last track "movement" and used some of the elements for this, this works alot better i think and continues with the more downbeat, housier stuff ive been doing lately

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_ill_behaving.mp3

hope u enjoy, not finished but will get onto that tommorow for sure

thanks

TimoBenz
06-12-2004, 09:22 PM
nice track!!! but i think that the organ-synth is a little bit too loud.

eyes without a face
06-12-2004, 09:44 PM
thanks dude ;)

slavestudios
07-12-2004, 02:24 PM
well put together ttrack, but def not my bag. never make it into the my box, but a strong track all the same
:clap:

yorkie
07-12-2004, 09:32 PM
cool stuff this!!!

i would only re emphasise what has been previously said, the organ style synth does get a tad irritating at times, it needs to be dropped at some points or jus turned down occasionally, other than that, i think its ace..!

eyes without a face
07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
all duely noted kiddies :o)

gonna work on this in the morning before work, gonna take out the 2nd claps too and maybe change the kick for something softer, see if i can get a house label or 2 interested

il post up tommorow night ;)

Lorenzo_Shivu
07-12-2004, 10:35 PM
damn that rhodes synth is very nice man! You should make it more detroit, with a bit more jazzy feeling to it!

some things I notice are:
Your sound sounds a bit far away (little reverb maybe?) > Loose it.
Your kick can be a bit more softer and a bit more punch will do the trick.

Damn this one is nice!

eyes without a face
07-12-2004, 10:44 PM
yeah im definately gonna rework that kick tommorow morning, give it a full on house feel instead of the kinda mellow techno feel it has at the moment

but thanks, appreciated :)

slavestudios
07-12-2004, 10:46 PM
do u do much house scott ? or is it mostly techno ?

eyes without a face
07-12-2004, 11:12 PM
mostly techno mate, but i really love doing house and housier, more chicago-esque techno too, keeps a nice balance...

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
This has a nice feel, if slightly dated, and reminds me a little bit of Terry Lee Brown Jnr.
Needs a lot of work on the production though.
There is hardely any definition in the mix at all, apart from on that rhodes organ.
The hats and stuff need to be much crisper, the bass needs to be much deeper, and there needs to be much more separation between the sounds.
Also, the second bleepy type synth just doesn`t work, it`s not only in the wrong key, but even if it is meant to be disharmonic, it`s not a disharmony that works.
When you are going for this real slick and polished Tech-House sound, you really need to work extra hard on the production as you are moving into a production standard that is on average, higher than what you can get away with in techno.

Those bleeps could be a lot fuller, and I would use something like a DX7/FM7 to produce them, so you get lots of depth.
The bass needs to be real warm and soft, and saturated.

This has loads of promise, but to get to standard you are really gonna have to work it.

eyes without a face
08-12-2004, 10:16 AM
err thanks dude ;)

eyes without a face
08-12-2004, 10:24 AM
already made some changes today, but i honestly thought it sounded good in the first place? anyway lightened it a bit and i might post it up later...

as for Terry lee brown, well that confused me a bit as plastic city (which he does most his stuff on) is a tech house label and his stuff sounds nothing like that

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Well, I`m not gonna crawl up your arse mate. you said you were gonna send it to some house labels right?
I got tons of house and tech house and I listen to it a lot, and it really is on average a high standard. of production.

eyes without a face
09-12-2004, 09:32 PM
changed the kick and housed it up more kids, see what u think

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_ill_behaving.mp3

BRADLEE
10-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Not what I expected, but definately a smooth house tune. I'm not a pro though so I cannot critique quite as thuroughly as others. However I can say I'd definately see it being played out by the house heads. It's got some really chilled atmosperes in it, the perc seems nice and not overwhelming, and the synths sound really quality too. I think you did a very good job.

Evil G
10-12-2004, 01:39 AM
i was diggin it a lot, esp the bassline, but there is a dissonant sound that comes in at 2:35 and it totally throws the groove off.

Basil Rush
10-12-2004, 04:00 AM
I'm sort of digging this. It's a weird set of pecussion sounds for a current house record but it's sort of really nice and loose sounding with it.

Definitely taking me somewhere. Whether it would sound natural dropped into a house set i'm not sure but the sound scape i'm really into.

You could either clean it right up and make the hats lighter and more up front and the clap tighter and stuff or you could say it's wicked and leave it as it is ... have to try it in a set.

Jimfish
10-12-2004, 04:41 AM
yeah its nce to see you working on stuff like this - i like it! - there are a few tweaks i think it could use on the mix etc but i not entirelysure as it is about 4:30 and ive just killed my ears working on somthing of my own :gutted:

Jimfish
10-12-2004, 04:43 AM
have you got somewhere where i can hear all your tracks? i fancy a wee nose around ;)

xfive
10-12-2004, 08:54 AM
I like this man, but I agree with Evil G...
Personally I'd ditch that sound that comes in around 2:35 and go for something else with a bit more bite to it. It would fit with the chunky bassline a better imho.. it's askin for somethin dirty :twisted:
Something a bit analog sounding.. maybe diff. pattern too.

Just some thoughts ;)

eyes without a face
10-12-2004, 06:34 PM
thanks guys, much appreciated

jimbob - check ur pms ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==