PDA

View Full Version : Rezerection

Clarkus
06-12-2004, 12:58 PM
This was meant to be the rezerection of the REZ event from the past this weekend. An event which saw some great nights of hardcore music in Scotland in the past but it seems it wasn't meant to be.
The name of the night had been bought over and the promoter had put on a "warm-up" night which was meant to lead to a much bigger event in the summer of next year.

But it turned into a bit of a shambles!!

After being told they could not use pyrotechnics on stage, one of the acts went on to use them anywaym, they were warned, but another pyro went of and went on fire. An hour into the night, the venue manager made the decision to close the event down ( a bit harsh )
The promoters knew the clubbers that had turned up would not be happy at all and advised that this could start a riot!!!.... which it did!!

The security staff couldn't handle the crowd and they pushed onto the stage and damaged and stole thousands of pound worth of DJ and PA equipment!!! (this was due to the kind of people that the event attracted in the first place!!)

Roit police turned up and surounded the building supported by helicopters!!:shock: and all the near-by pubs locked their doors because the rioting clubbers were now out in the streets.

To add to all this!! a girl died from an OD and was found in the tiolets..

Something tells me this wasn't meant to be........and it can only be a bad thing when the public make their opinion on clubbing based on an event like that. :doh:

eyes without a face
06-12-2004, 01:05 PM
sounds like a heavy night to say the least, cant see the next one going ahead haha

Traxx
06-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Bloody hell :shock:

yorkie
06-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Bloody hell :shock:

ditto :shock:

the scot's sure know how to party :lol:

jon connor
06-12-2004, 01:53 PM
sounds like steam/drt here in north wales man a few years ago. the last big riot was a helter skelter tour it was crazy and it ruined the underground scene for a few years after to its never been the same since in rhyl north wales. another was stoke same same same riots etc which then closed down the beloved kinetic to all you hardcore lot, another was stoke again only a few years later a massive riot broke out right in the street out side the void, and 1 man who i have to say had balls of steel andy bowler aka dj vortex ran out of the club into the middle of about 200 lads rioting and dispersed them, only because they new he was out there for the lively hood of his bisiness( BECAUSE OF WOT APPEND IN RHYL )and as a mark of respect they backed off i never seen anything like it it was like a film.

so i guess the point here is where is the respect for this event by this mob. there should be at least some stern rules when going to a rave ,you do not steal dj/s performers equipment , you dont go to a rave to av a boxing match ,when are people going to learn a party is for fun, thats wot they are there for.( TAKE THE FUN AWAY YOU MAY ASWELL STAY AT HOME) :nono:

again just a few month ago my good freind trance dj ikon was attaked in helter sketer because he wandered in the drum an bass room for a nose like as you do, sum lads then ripped his gold chain off an decided to try beat him up only for the fact BIG WORM (built like a brick s.h.i.t house from liverpool) was just passing through to save the day. thank god who no`s wot would of append.but still could of cauzed a huge riot.

anyway man im sorry to hear all this , if it carry`s on it will spoil it for every 1 ,ive seen it happen in north wales, TAKE NOTE!
:study:

THE POLICE WILL CUM DOWN HARD ON YOU THERE IS NO ESCAPE THEY WILL SEE YOUR PROMOTER AS RESPONSABLE!

even tho the venue manager closed event down you can not hold him responsable he has to act on a health and safety issues. its happend to the void in stoke when a young girl died to. they closed the place for about 6 months .
i dont no how bad the fire was if was dangerous again the manager would av ad no choice but to close the venue. due to electrics etc.

the best thing you guys can do is learn from these mistakes it`s happend ,next time someone says please no pyrotechnics they probably mean it ;)
or in anycase man ravers need to start respecting there promoters ,a lot of money effort and time goes into an event its not nice to see your own crowd behave like this regardless of wot appens on the night.
i wouldent like scotland towns /citys to get ruined like this as you guys are amazing to play to i no this from being a north resident in the past years,fantastic crowd to play to man the scots, lets try keep it that way boys :cool:

again clarkus im sorry this has happend up there clearly a dreadfull evening, i dont no wot else to say but hope you can find sum good out of this for future events, peace+noise man. :roll:

Clarkus
06-12-2004, 03:06 PM
This wasn't our event. Just feel a bit sorry for the way it turned out for these guys! But at the same time you could see it coming from the type of crowd it was attracting (Neds/Scallys)not saying that was all that were there, just the majority :roll: .
The pyro fire was apparentley out in seconds.
But the PA on at the time should have listened to the promoter. Not really respectful of them at all.

jon connor
06-12-2004, 04:05 PM
This wasn't our event. Just feel a bit sorry for the way it turned out for these guys! But at the same time you could see it coming from the type of crowd it was attracting (Neds/Scallys)not saying that was all that were there, just the majority :roll: .
The pyro fire was apparentley out in seconds.
But the PA on at the time should have listened to the promoter. Not really respectful of them at all.

tell me about it dood same problem in north wales, i even no of people who wont go out anymore because of recent violence etc, not a good thing also i saw a post on here which was more serious and horified me of a person i respect very much being put in danger in south america, im sure you all no the chriss liberater incident. there has got to be sum way of stopping this kind of behaviour ,i thought all this was over from the nintees, i dont want to see it rezerected in such words. there is a great old saying my nana you say and its true MUSIC CALMS THE BEAST! There has got to be sum order and control, and also all the profesionals who ended up getting involved with this riot for the wrong reasons should have showed somkinda mature attitude to this disaster,and helped disperce and let there crowd no just wot they are doing ,get an mc or dj on the mic they respect or summit tell the crazy bugers the score, ive seen it work at north etc, jason mc easy/ andy bowler /and mc ribbz ive seen them all doing sum kinda crowd control over the years especialy ribbz, when hes on the mic people seem to listen.
mabey this could be a key solution to future events you can only try!, im sorry for this that has happend to these guys ,its just one of those things that comes now an again .

mabey they should start a members only thing, and if they riot or behave badly have mebership taken off them etc, you have got to have a zero tolerence attitude towards violence when promoting,peoples reputations are at stake time money waisted, and in this case a tragic loss because obiviously every 1 was pre ocupied to a riot than noticing a pore girl in the toilets, which resulted in death. :cry:

a dam shame all round and every 1 who started the riot should be ashamed of themselvs and think again about there actions. its not aceptable.
its a dam shame for the inicent party here to :cry:
i hate this stuff i get all sentamental i just hope this kinda behaviour stops,for the good of all partys, theres enough vilonce in the world already we dont want it in our raves ,its should be a place to go to be free loose yourself be happy and enjoy! :roll

like i said im sorry for these promoter guys you and your party,and all other inecents who obviously were going to this event with the right intentions. :cool:

A.McHardy
07-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Well said mr connor :clap:

A.McHardy
07-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Just hope they can gat another venue and have another go at it, nothing like this wouldnt have a chance of happening 2 times in a row, surely!!

FuK-NuT
07-12-2004, 02:55 PM
a joke from the begining!!!

doesnt suprise me 1 bit...!!

jon connor
07-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Well said mr connor :clap:

jeez! im getting old i feel like me grandad. :shock:

jon connor
07-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Just hope they can gat another venue and have another go at it, nothing like this wouldnt have a chance of happening 2 times in a row, surely!!

thats why i said dood , they will learn from this mistake they are not on there own believe me its happend to the best of us,im still scared on my left arm from such incedents from the nintees its why im trying to offer sum genuine advice. wot i sugest these guys do , is try do a mail out with flyers or on flyers stating the situation to there crowd for servival, in order to servive these geeza`s will need there crowds help ,then wilst gig is in theatre have mc keeping control,give there mc specific orders, dont just chuck anyone on the mic, then also at end of night tell them all to go home safely,try an keep a freindly vibe goin.( if u wanna no how its done dig out all ya tape packs from north helter sketer etc, there is a history of recorded incedents on them, you will see how profesional my good freind sion ribbz does it, a true jedi)e.g

the main thing is to let ya crowd no the future of this night i can see you all want so much, depends on them, if they cary on there will be no party simple as. beleive me people are sheep, once you get the ring leaders to have the right beliefs in the party the rest will follow. of course there will always be fisty cuffs + handbags you will never stop that,let the bouncers do there job, and dont riot. get the crowd to respect the event and hopfully it will stop. :cool:
i no you jocks when you get pasionete about somthing,you wont let nothing stand in ya way, especially sum mindless idiots trying to spoil the party. i hope this event can recover from this and i wish the promoters all the luck in the world, they have a mission on there hands now good luck to ya my celtic brothers. ;)

bod
07-12-2004, 04:18 PM
i wish them luck as well, but these types old school "rave" nights have caused nothing but trouble in glasgow, and unfortunately its the punters, not the promoters, who cause the problems. a recent night in another venue for the same type of event ended in rioting at the carling academy, and the police getting called in.

direct marketing to certian types of people may sound like it'll work, but in practise, it wont. the problems the rez had was that any one with a ticket got in, and the management didnt have the right to refuse entry at the door.
even if the problems to due with the pyros and the techical issues hadnt happened, there would have been trouble with the crowd at some point.

daviec
07-12-2004, 04:22 PM
They targetted a particular market, and no matter what they say they knew exactly the type of crowd they'd pull in. It was a thinly veiled attempt to cash in on a well known brand name.

Rezerection died years ago, and should have been left well alone. The line-up was mince, the venue is well known for attracting a certain clientelle, and the promoter (Jon Campbell of TTF fame) was only in it for one thing.

Any news of ticket refunds? :nono:

gumpy green
07-12-2004, 04:27 PM
They targetted a particular market, and no matter what they say they knew exactly the type of crowd they'd pull in. It was a thinly veiled attempt to cash in on a well known brand name.

Rezerection died years ago, and should have been left well alone. The line-up was mince, the venue is well known for attracting a certain clientelle, and the promoter (Jon Campbell of TTF fame) was only in it for one thing.

Any news of ticket refunds? :nono:yup dave :clap:

dirty_bass
07-12-2004, 04:28 PM
crikey!!!
that sounds nuts!!!
wow, I hope they survive this.

FuK-NuT
07-12-2004, 04:47 PM

word!!!

:clap:

Clarkus
07-12-2004, 05:23 PM

Still not a word of a refund for all those who bought a ticket!!
Can't see that goin down well at all. :evil:

daviec
07-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Cannae see them getting one.

jon connor
07-12-2004, 07:16 PM

well that answers the question dave dood there is 2 sides to every story or mabey 10.
i hope the situation up there inproves, i dident no it was that bad.i feel sory for some of the hardcore geezas,there are sum who put a lot of effort into this music , and produce some exellent stuff, i admire as a producer for wot it is ,and the technical skill of the producers who make this music ,this problem seems to be a cloud hanging over there head, its a shame. :cry:

Louis Theroux
07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Jon Campbell knew exactly what he was doing. Only a place like the Barrowlands would let him put on a gig like that these days.

Is there any news of what casualties there were to innocent people passing by & in the city centre after the radges got kicked out?

daviec
07-12-2004, 08:24 PM
All thr pubs in the area locked their doors when they heard the barras was getting emptied :lol: I reckon they'd have pulled all the locals inside before they locked up though.

FuK-NuT
07-12-2004, 09:16 PM

well that answers the question dave dood there is 2 sides to every story or mabey 10.
i hope the situation up there inproves, i dident no it was that bad.i feel sory for some of the hardcore geezas,there are sum who put a lot of effort into this music , and produce some exellent stuff, i admire as a producer for wot it is ,and the technical skill of the producers who make this music ,this problem seems to be a cloud hanging over there head, its a shame. :cry:

different kinda hardcore dood, this rubbish is the same old kaka that
tore the scottish scene apart in the 1st place...a monkey could
produce better imo....the stuff u talk off deffo had heehaw to do with this
poo of an event...TTF,BASSY G etc its for the huntereds of kappa'd up uneducted ned fanny's that where there.....$£$£$£$£$£$£$

jon connor
07-12-2004, 09:39 PM

different kinda hardcore dood, this rubbish is the same old kaka that
tore the scottish scene apart in the 1st place...a monkey could
produce better imo....the stuff u talk off deffo had heehaw to do with this
poo of an event...TTF,BASSY G etc its for the huntereds of kappa'd up uneducted ned fanny's that where there.....$£$£$£$£$£$£$

calma works in sum mysterious ways, :pray:
maddness :shock:

jon connor
07-12-2004, 09:50 PM
does this kinda stuff happen often in scotland or only at paticular events ? :eh:

daviec
08-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Only at these types of events. Don't think for a second that this was some respectable hardcore or techno night. It was the kind of pish you hear blaring out of clapped out novas with dodgy paint jobs, and alloys worth more than the rest of the car. Up there with the "Clubland" CD's.

They tried to make some cash out of what was once a massive event up here, but the majority of the crowd didn't have a clue. It's not like many folk went coz they used to go to the original rezerections. They went coz their big brother/sister used to go and they'd heard all the dodgy mix tapes when they were about 10.

I for one wasn't surprised when I heard what had happened, and I can't say I'm particularly bothered. I hope it ****ed them financially and they don't do any more events.

If Jon Campbell simply wanted to run a new night and build it up to cater for that sort of market (old skool happy hardcore and commercial "dance"), then he could have put some work into it, but he clearly thought he'd just do it the quick way. Buy the rights to a famous brand and use that to pull everyone in, knowing exactly what kind of crowd he'd pull in. He's done it before when he tried to relaunch his TTF band, at the same venue.

I laughed when I saw some of the features he managed to get in the papers. One in particular stood out, as apparently this "rez" would have for the first time ever, female dj's (Amber D? and some other hard house bird). This convieniently forgets to mention Mrs Woods, Miss Djax, the lass from GTO/Technohead, Tasha and the killer pussies, and various other female dj's who all played rez in the past. But it looks good for their promotion and seeing as no-one who was going to it had ever likely been to a rez before it wouldn't matter that it was a blatant lie.

So that's how thye went about it, and they got their just deserts.

FuK-NuT
08-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Only at these types of events. Don't think for a second that this was some respectable hardcore or techno night. It was the kind of pish you hear blaring out of clapped out novas with dodgy paint jobs, and alloys worth more than the rest of the car. Up there with the "Clubland" CD's.

They tried to make some cash out of what was once a massive event up here, but the majority of the crowd didn't have a clue. It's not like many folk went coz they used to go to the original rezerections. They went coz their big brother/sister used to go and they'd heard all the dodgy mix tapes when they were about 10.

I for one wasn't surprised when I heard what had happened, and I can't say I'm particularly bothered. I hope it ****ed them financially and they don't do any more events.

If Jon Campbell simply wanted to run a new night and build it up to cater for that sort of market (old skool happy hardcore and commercial "dance"), then he could have put some work into it, but he clearly thought he'd just do it the quick way. Buy the rights to a famous brand and use that to pull everyone in, knowing exactly what kind of crowd he'd pull in. He's done it before when he tried to relaunch his TTF band, at the same venue.

I laughed when I saw some of the features he managed to get in the papers. One in particular stood out, as apparently this "rez" would have for the first time ever, female dj's (Amber D? and some other hard house bird). This convieniently forgets to mention Mrs Woods, Miss Djax, the lass from GTO/Technohead, Tasha and the killer pussies, and various other female dj's who all played rez in the past. But it looks good for their promotion and seeing as no-one who was going to it had ever likely been to a rez before it wouldn't matter that it was a blatant lie.

So that's how thye went about it, and they got their just deserts.

am feelin that shit m8.... :clap:

gumpy green
08-12-2004, 12:17 PM
yup me too...

the only good thing about these events is that it keeps certain folks away from the good nights.

Paul Zykotik
10-12-2004, 02:47 PM
The thing that hurts most is seeing the good name of Rez get pissed on by this sort of shambles.

The main thing Jon Campbell forgot is that you can bring back a name, but you can't recreate an era. Rez was a legendary party, and with good reason. Times change though, and it should have been left in the past.

jon connor
10-12-2004, 06:39 PM
The thing that hurts most is seeing the good name of Rez get pissed on by this sort of shambles.

The main thing Jon Campbell forgot is that you can bring back a name, but you can't recreate an era. Rez was a legendary party, and with good reason. Times change though, and it should have been left in the past.

im feeling that dude! sum guys i no tried to recreate steam in rhyl a few year ago ,nameing it steam 2000 ,it was a shambles to be honest ,and yes fighting broke out, a disaster, i was pissed off with the promoters for this,a good name should av been left in the past.same with the legendry kinetic, people brought it back as k2 wot append there i wonder ?
wot i want to no is where has everybodys creativity gone, if these events used to be succesfull it was probably with good reason, so why not invent your own brand. its like the charst these days full of toffs and toss pots singing someone elses song,and thinking they are gods gift.cashing in on someone elses work. well i say bollox to that. f.u.k.e.m! they will never have the real ingreedient of a real artist or promoter or wot else just copy cats! with as much use as jordans tits. :rambo:

JimmySomerville
11-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Personally I reckon the best thing that could happen would be for some of his punters to get a hold of him...They would scare a refund out of anyone....And probably take his jaicket off him lol ;)

Leon :rambo:

Paul Nisbet
11-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Personally I reckon the best thing that could happen would be for some of his punters to get a hold of him...They would scare a refund out of anyone....And probably take his jaicket off him lol ;)

Somerville, i ave never met anyone with sexier eyes than u, BOA u read it here.

x

:lol:

JimmySomerville
12-12-2004, 02:25 PM

x

It's the length on the lashes that do it...

Hows things anyway mate?

Heard you had some bother with your immigration

Leon

p.s. Seriously though, if I give you the cash will you bring me back one of those hats with the corks on???

Paul Nisbet
13-12-2004, 06:55 AM

x

It's the length on the lashes that do it...

Hows things anyway mate?

Heard you had some bother with your immigration

Leon

p.s. Seriously though, if I give you the cash will you bring me back one of those hats with the corks on???

Things ave been better mate, hahaah. In thailand now tho, my bag of techno has now been sent home tho. ;-(

Can bring you back a chick from thailand, 16 or summit? lmfao? Ur call mate.

Speak on msn, x

JimmySomerville
13-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Twandy says he'll take a ladyboy if you've a spare one!

Paul Nisbet
15-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Twandy says he'll take a ladyboy if you've a spare one!

Not surprised, jke.

See wat a can doo for the twand. :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==