PDA

View Full Version : BELFAST CO-PRODUCTION

slavestudios
06-12-2004, 01:07 PM
track from Pete Donaldson, Michael Leith & Graham Morrow...

http://www.covertrecords.co.uk/covert/mp3/public/PD&ML&GM-Discharge%20Socket.mp3

tough driving techno with obvious sample :twisted:

all opinions (good or otherwise) greatly appreciated

pete

slavestudios
07-12-2004, 09:24 PM
could someone please have a listen & let me know what they think of this ?

first & only time we have worked atogether as 3.

many thanx, pete

messyfuture
07-12-2004, 10:06 PM
**** sorry man....

d/l this the other day, its good i like the arrangenment and the elements used but i think its missing something in the mix.

get into each one of those sounds and eq and mess them up a bit more.

nice one

tell G1 :clap:

slavestudios
07-12-2004, 10:09 PM
will indeed.

graham & mickey done all the loops. i sequenced it later that night. its pretty much just 4 or 5 different loops made in Reason 7 i sliced & diced in Acid.

cheers MF. many thanx :clap:

fatcollective
07-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Top quality production! Some of the tricks were really cool and the tune definitely pumps. Our pc speakers aren't all that great so can't comment on the mix but the arrangement was fresh and keeps you involved in the tune.
Nice 1 ;)
J Smart

j_s
08-12-2004, 01:12 AM
I was impressed by the edits & arrangement of this, it carries a lot of movement, wasn't quite so keen on the loopier parts of the intro and outro, but they only made up a small part of the track...
Production sounded pretty good to me too, although perhaps a little bottom heavy - could possibly sound a bit more cutting with more presence in the mids, but as a track it works well....

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Well, I`m not a fan of looped based stuff at all.
but I do like the editing in this, it makes things more interesting.
Overall the production is very muddy, and lacks clarity in the mid range.
Also when making stuff like this the quality is dependant entirely on the quality of the loops. And as reason has pretty useless EQ the loops that you have ended up with lack proper depth and range.
I would strip this back and maybe go back into reason and break the loops down into their disparate elements, allowing more control over the sound when they are exported into Acid, as it has a better EQ.

slavestudios
08-12-2004, 06:16 PM
thanx all.

every issue has been noted..

the loops may or may not be about.. its no loss if they aint. jus call the guys up & we'll do another :lol:

the loops are total loops. 8 or 9 channels in one. i would usually strip a hi hat channel, kik channel, bass channel etc, but this time i tryed a different route.

not to try & grab all the glory ( ;) ) but i done all the sequencing & if u like the edits & breaks, i'll throw up another track or two with similair cuts & breaks that has much better EQ work.

anyhoo, many thanx for all comments. spesh the constructive criticism.

a guy on a belfast site yesterday would say no more than 'its shite' which is just pointless... a bored wind up merchant methinks..

once again, many thanx to all who commented

pete

278d7e64a374de26f==