PDA

View Full Version : Tropix.mp3 (Unfinished)

tekboi
07-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Only a short sample from the track:

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tekboi/Tropix.mp3

stjohn
07-12-2004, 06:24 PM
nice n funky....too much reverb at the start and the middle ... maybe if u automated it from no reverb to that much, as a buildup method! i like abit of funky and the tune itself is def going somewhere

stjohn
07-12-2004, 06:25 PM
which reverb are you using???

kareemc
07-12-2004, 08:10 PM
i think its to loud, and to much reverb... set reverb less seconds.

tekboi
08-12-2004, 06:47 AM
stjohn: Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated! As for the for the reverb comment, I actually like the impact of the sudden reverb to be honest so I dont think I need the automation in that effect for this track ALTHOUGH your right about the reverb sounding a little too loud, I will definately lower the levels. I will change the reverb levels tonite and upload it and tell me if you think it sounds better if not I will change it again hehe thanks heaps again John ;)

kareemc: Hi kareemc, I dont know what you mean by your comments. Whats too loud? The whole track itself is recorded at a good level I think and have been told, I do agree with the reverb being a little too loud so I will change that. What do you mean by less sounds?

Thanks again guys, appreciated.

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 09:42 AM
The reverb effect could be nice, just not with that reverb, it sounds like a cheap plugin. the eq needs separate eq to control it.
Very funky, and could be a promising tech-house track, but needs something to give it that extra polish that other tracks of this ilk have.
Probably a nice rich pad of some sort.

tekboi
08-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks dirty_bass! Im looking at it more like a funky techno track rather than a tech house track so if I do add a rich pad of some sort I think it might end up being a little too funky, which is not bad ofcourse hehe But I will try fiddle around with it by tomorrow and you guys tell me what you think when I upload it again.

I will use the reverb in another form and see what I can come up with and maybe add another little stab or pad as dirty_bass said.

Thanks again, shall have more tracks up soon hopefully after this one is done hehe Speak soon.

deCipal
09-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I like it... Its got a nice groovy feel to the track. :lol:

tekboi
09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
The above link is now updated.

I decided to keep the same pattern of reverb but lower the volumes on it a little, so let me know if the reverb effect is now at a better level?

Added only a little more stabs here and there before the kicks etc to give it a bit more rush in the groove but didnt change too much as I am happy with how the track is structured.

Again sorry I cant post the whole track for you guys so I can only gets bits and pieces and put it together in a minute sample so ye.

Let me know if the reverb is kinder to the ear than before, thanks guys.

kareemc
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
1.sorry for my english :)

2.hmmmmm i mean how many seconds a reverb is playing. 2secs? 5secs? i thinks its to much time reverb outing from one sound but not to loud... i thinks its call decaytime

278d7e64a374de26f==