PDA

View Full Version : Using ableton along with Decks??

Clarkus
07-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Is there any way of feeding audio into ableton as feed for an auto bpm.

I've tried controling the bpm with a midi fader, but theres just not enough control there! :hmm:
So i'm a bit stumped here.

Any suggestions :?:

Basil Rush
07-12-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm sure there's a device you can get (maybe by Red Sound/Audio or something) that turns beatz into some kind of midi clock...

Clarkus
07-12-2004, 06:16 PM
i'll have a look for that. Not really lookin to pend more cash but i will if i have to. :cool:

g
07-12-2004, 06:55 PM
you will need some sort of bpm-detection device. there are several red sound pieces that do this plus the X series electribe boxes.

MARKEG
07-12-2004, 10:48 PM
don't buy red sound!!!

1 word: SHITE :nono:

mrbenn
08-12-2004, 08:57 AM
buy a mixer with midi out.................

such as the allen & heath xone 92 or the Ecler Nuo 5 (I happen to be selling one if anyones intersted)

The ecler nuo 5 has an auto bpm counter which is very accurate, the bpm is then converted into a mtc message and can be used to sync any outboard equipment.

daviec
08-12-2004, 11:02 AM
T'sta. Leon's EFX500 has MIDI out and BPM detection. Just run your master out from your 600 into it and straight back out and then get a midi lead from that into your laptop. Just make sure the audio card you buy has midi ports as well. Problem solved.

FILTERZ
08-12-2004, 11:21 AM
well its gonna be hard to get ableton to follow midi clock , its kinda doesnt work very well because you are trying to force a quite loose timing system (midi) onto something much tighter (audio samples),me and a friend do an ableton and decks thing but we keep ableton at a constant tempo and mix the decks into that.

i have tried to sync a lot of different stuff together , when you force an audio system to sync to midi its allways problematic.........in my experience anyway. (its why sx doesnt sync to clock only sends it)

TechMouse
08-12-2004, 11:23 AM
If you've got something like a Kenton Control Freak you can set one of the faders to control the BPM of Ableton WITHIN A RANGE, which gives you much more precise control over the BPM. Past that, it just works like the pitch fader on a regular deck.

FILTERZ
08-12-2004, 11:27 AM
If you've got something like a Kenton Control Freak you can set one of the faders to control the BPM of Ableton WITHIN A RANGE, which gives you much more precise control over the BPM. Past that, it just works like the pitch fader on a regular deck.

best way i reckon ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==