PDA

View Full Version : rectum spectrum

miromiric.
22-04-2003, 03:37 PM
does anyone have or know where could i get a spectrum analyzer as standalone?

it would be a great help in making really tight minimal tracks with very few sounds, but which sound so full. njami!

DJZeMig_L
22-04-2003, 04:18 PM
I think waves has 1 as a plug in... if u mean a prog. that does one spectrum analisys I really can't offer much help... Maybe Basil will know!
2 achieve full bodied sound I would use some reverb, and delays, carefull panning delays! Use few but very destintive sounds and try 2 slot them in diferent freq.s... U probably know this already... but I guess just 4 the record and 4 maybe others that might have not though about it!

Z

miromiric.
22-04-2003, 06:14 PM
yes there is one waves plugo for that, but i need something that i can have turned on all the time, so when i change from application to app. dont need to run it each time.

i remember there was one track few years ago, some hard techno, there was kick, rollin bass which played the main role and 2 hihats, thats all. and it sounded so full and so good, unbelieveable what can some ppl do with minimal!

MARKEG
22-04-2003, 07:14 PM
yes i want to know this - something you can have up and running that shows you what everything sounds like coming into your soundcard input after it's all been processed. a standalone that runs alongside cubase or soundforge etc.

please help!!!

Basil Rush
23-04-2003, 12:46 AM
hummm, dunno we use PAZ from waves in the master channel here. Guess you could do something tricky if you had lots of inputs and outputs where you run a program that'll host PAZ Analyzer on a single pair of inputs and plug your outputs into them... twisted though.

Why do you want to do it?

The Divide
23-04-2003, 03:38 AM
I know a great specky anulizer thats direct x, so i run it in soundforge sadly not as standalone (i think). It came in a bundle of anulizer's by brainspawn. http://www.brainspawn.com/products/SpectR-Pro/ Its the spectR-pro you want as it covers 120 bands and is just easy to see where the holes are as it comes with a handy peak hold button. I have been using this for about 2-3 weeks and its made a differance. I would recomend this as those Wavs ones are hard to read. The way i use it is do a recording to hard disk and then analize it soundforge, see where the problems are and then go back into S.X and try and fix it. Takes time but its worth the it.

FrEaKy

The Divide
23-04-2003, 03:40 AM
However it says this on their website.

"When used with applications that support real-time input monitoring, SpectR-Pro can analyze the live monitored signal.".

Maybe i could put the analizer on the channel i am recording into and monitor it live!!! hmmmm.

FrEaKy

miromiric.
23-04-2003, 11:22 AM
Why do you want to do it?

for example when i work in sequencer and i want to spread some sound i need to go to the audio editor, right. so i open soundforge (good eq) and when i open that eq every other window goes grey, so that means i cannot monitor sonogram. i have to process and then look on spectrogram what exactly i did. that s just silly.
i want to tweak knobs and instantly see frequency modulation.

miromiric.
23-04-2003, 04:22 PM
http://www.masterpinguin.de/

look!

now i need crack #@$%

278d7e64a374de26f==