PDA

View Full Version : tecnical question M-Audio Delta 10/10

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 03:55 PM
ok, got my new soundcard installed.
I`ve got the latency set at a medium rate, but I`m getting audio drag when there is a lot of activity on screen. even on the highest latency settings.
Even when I have media player running wav files, I get lag when it runs in full screen?
any ideas?

detfella
08-12-2004, 04:08 PM
which drivers u using?

maily
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
it could be sharing an irq with your graphics card?

i've got a delta44 and was getting interferance when recording, solved it by turning off the level meters in sound forge, problem solved.

but also checked, in bios, the irq's being used by graphics card (in agp slot) and soundcard, they were both the same. changed the soundcard irq (to a lower number) and this seems to have cured it.

hope thats some help.

xfive
08-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Hmmm....

You should not have latency issues with a card like that... You're using the ASIO drivers right?

Try possibly changing the PCI slot that it's in.. as it may be trying to share resources (IRQ) with another card.

Usually this sort of thing happens if you have a ram or disk bottleneck...
You said your box was foobarred recently right? Did you have to reinstall?

===

Whoops... way for me to suggest what's been said before :)
That's what happens when I hit reply but don't write anything for a bit lol

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 04:19 PM
I did a complete reinstall.
How do I change my IRQ shit?
Do I really have to pull it out and move it to another PCI?
The drivers are the ones that came with the card, maybe I should download the latest ones?

maily
08-12-2004, 04:24 PM
may aswell get the latest driver: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers

you can change the irq from within bios.

xfive
08-12-2004, 04:29 PM
In the system settings in the control panel there should be a way to view all irq's.

But yeah you can either manually switch them in the bios, or just move the card around.

maily
08-12-2004, 04:55 PM
i thought there might be a way of changing irq's from windows, but i'm still using W98.

@ dirtybass:

you'll need to see which irq's are unused, and then select the lowest number available.

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 05:10 PM
my bios doesn`t seem to have an irq selection process for each pci slot?

xfive
08-12-2004, 06:15 PM
You may have to stick the PCI settings screen into a different mode for it to allow that.

Such things as turning PnP on/off....

What motherboard make/model do you have? I will track down a manual and see what's up.

detfella
08-12-2004, 06:25 PM
u sure its not ure drivers. my maudio44 is flaky as anything, i updated my drivers and now everything is fine & dandy. can u check in device manager to see if u have irq conflicts or wouldnt it say so on bootup?

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 06:45 PM
I have found the IRQ for the soundcard, but not for the video card.
Turning pnp off, I can do that, but I have no idea what I am doing

xfive
08-12-2004, 06:46 PM
u sure its not ure drivers. my maudio44 is flaky as anything, i updated my drivers and now everything is fine & dandy. can u check in device manager to see if u have irq conflicts or wouldnt it say so on bootup?

Yeah it should actually display the IRQs for each device right after the box posts.. but it really does depend on the make/model.

xfive
08-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah definetly leave PnP off.... windows supports it but its utter shit and tends to randomly switch stuff on you at times. Let the motherboard handle it.

Is your video card AGP?

dirty_bass
08-12-2004, 06:59 PM
My video card is some antiquated old thing, I think I might be better off using the integrated graphics card on the motherboard itself.
I`m running Pc chips motherboard m848a with a Duron
(yes I need to upgrade)

dirty_bass
11-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Still got this problem. There are no irq conflicts.
When there is a lot of video action, the sound slows down and kind of oscillates?
HELP!!!

I`m getting a carillon PC after christmas so the problem should go away then, but I have production deadlines I need to sort out pretty soon.

Scott Kemix
11-12-2004, 10:47 PM
I run a Carillon with the delta 1010 soundcard and i get not latency probs at all. Maybe you need that upgrade?

Kevin Gorman
12-12-2004, 12:12 AM
[quote="dirty_bass"]Still got this problem. There are no irq conflicts.
When there is a lot of video action, the sound slows down and kind of oscillates?
HELP!!!

I`m getting a carillon PC after christmas so the problem should go away then, but I have production deadlines I need to sort out pretty soon.[/quote

how close is your soundcard to your video card? sometimes some motherboards share irq's with certain slots like the agp slot on the video card. Try moving the soundcard to a more farther away spot on the board. Try it out and let me know if it helps.

278d7e64a374de26f==