PDA

View Full Version : Closer to Oblivion

BRADLEE
08-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Ehh, this is an older one I did. I think it's OK, but just needs to be re-EQ'd as most of my stuff does. Working in headphones just doesn't help it either. Anyways, take a listen and tell me how you like the structure atleast. Thank you all for your time, and I hope you enjoy it.

http://iluvtekno.com/closertooblivion.mp3

AcidTrash
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
very stompy with a side order of daaaaaaark!!!

Like it!

Sounds mint a bit faster. Lemme know when you press this, I want it. It has that low slung bass drone I love in acid techno. Never quite managed to get that myself. still looking into it.

Top effort!

BRADLEE
08-12-2004, 08:25 PM
AcidTrash
very stompy with a side order of daaaaaaark!!!

Like it!

Sounds mint a bit faster. Lemme know when you press this, I want it. It has that low slung bass drone I love in acid techno. Never quite managed to get that myself. still looking into it.

Top effort!

Thanks Pete. I don't have any releases either man. Just a poor guy who lives out in the desert amigo. However if someone likes and and wants to press it, I'll let you know.

detfella
08-12-2004, 08:34 PM
i use headphones too man, it sux!!! my head hurts after late night sessions. i find the kick a little lost in the mix. much like my own tracks! dunno how to sort this out, ive been trying to pan things eitehr side and fire the kick down the middle, like your arrangement. also the kick sounds sorta thwrobble to me, if that word makes any sense to u :lol: maybe darker & deeper is what i'd prefer :rambo:

get back on its case!

BRADLEE
08-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Thank you sir. Yeah I'll have to go back and get that kick a bit stiffer.
I've just got so many projects that it is sometimes hard to return to the old ones.

BRADLEE
09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Anybody else think this one is worth me working on???

xfive
10-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Yeah this cool man.. quite a funky party track.
The levels aren't bad ... bass could be expanded a bit more south tho :)

new
10-12-2004, 05:23 PM
nice track!

fatcollective
10-12-2004, 06:14 PM
wow this is different...i like it man...really good sound aswel. yeah good party techno, i would buy it if it was on vinyl. GOOD WORK MATE :clap:

detfella
10-12-2004, 06:19 PM
I've just got so many projects that it is sometimes hard to return to the old ones.

i know what u mean, im gonna try & finish my old ones, but its a real ball ache. then start restricting myself to working on 5 tracks at a time - it'll never happen tho :lol:

BRADLEE
10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Alright cool, I'll beef up the bottom and re-post it after the weekend.

dirty_bass
13-12-2004, 05:25 PM
I like this a lot.
Very fresh sounding, nice percussion, lots of little edits keep it interesting.
The mix needs a lot of work, but the tune is good, and a good mix will make it fantastic.

The Kick needs more oomph.
The bottom end is very shallow, and could go deeper.
Mid range is all fine.
Top end could be brought up a bit louder.

I`d like to try doing some kind of collaboration with you at some point, everything I`ve heard so far has been real cool from you.

j_s
13-12-2004, 06:39 PM
This is very nice. Quite an industrial feel to the groove, but lots of funked up elements in there too. The pad's a nice touch. I think some of the edits could be cleared up a little, but they're mostly ok. Good stuff.

audioinjection
13-12-2004, 11:41 PM
dope shit brad, im diggin this

278d7e64a374de26f==