PDA

View Full Version : a controversial subject.... all will be revealed

fresh_an_funky_design
08-12-2004, 07:30 PM
right im thinking about changing my sequencer to from cubase sx to logic pro 7. Bear in mind i use a mac!

has anyone else changed, if so wouldn't mind some thoughts on the differences and the pro's and cons.

by the way dont turn this into a slaggin match between the two

fatcollective
09-12-2004, 12:16 AM
i know of a big producer who is changing from Cubase to Logic and this person told me that Logic is amazing with a Mac...loads of really useful things that Cubase cant do. go for it man!

fresh_an_funky_design
09-12-2004, 12:38 AM
yeah started making a tune the other day with my mate from next door in his studio using logic, an it just made me think. To me it just sounds so much better. gonna have a mess around with it a bit more till i finally decide. but when i get my next student loan prob gonna buy it.

MangaFish
09-12-2004, 12:44 AM
from what i've heard, logic is more logically layed out which can make it easier to produce on, w/o the drop functionality that you would suffer from by swapping to fruity (for example)

this is purely from word of mouth - i must add

FILTERZ
09-12-2004, 01:11 AM
i did read in sound on sound that a few people have had trouble running some of there old plug ins and soft synths within logic 7,but thats the only bad thing i have heard

fresh_an_funky_design
09-12-2004, 01:21 AM
from what i've heard, logic is more logically layed out which can make it easier to produce on, w/o the drop functionality that you would suffer from by swapping to fruity (for example)

this is purely from word of mouth - i must add

i wouldn't downgrade from cubase to fruity... no offence

schlongfingers
09-12-2004, 02:55 AM
That's because what you suggest is impossible. :lol:

Udy
10-12-2004, 04:50 PM
haven't seen logic 7 myself....
stranded with 5.5 as i've got a PC, but i do really like it,
can't bring myself to switch to SX just yet :)

dirty_bass
11-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Logic just has more class. You will see.

networkacid
13-12-2004, 07:49 AM
stranded with 5.5 as i've got a PC, but i do really like it,
can't bring myself to switch to SX just yet :)

I'm debating this myself..

Move to SX3.. Or use Logic 5.5.1 just for MIDI and start mixing on an analogue desk...??? Dilemmas dilemmas...

Jay Pace
13-12-2004, 07:59 AM
ok - I know we're trying to avoid a slanging match but can anyone point out a few of the differences between SX and Logic?

I use cubase simply because I have always used it, and haven't got the time or inclination to switch on a whim. But if anyone out there has used both extensively - any pointers?

Ta'

Udy
13-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Move to SX3.. Or use Logic 5.5.1 just for MIDI and start mixing on an analogue desk...??? Dilemmas dilemmas...

Start mixing on an analogue desk either way i reckon, not much experience with it, but i'm sure anybody who has will tell you the oomph it adds.

dirty_bass
13-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Compared to SX, the plugins in logic are sooo much more creative.

Also logic is far more logical to use.

And it just sounds better. Must be the way the software treats the audio.

Jay Pace
13-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Which version of Logic is the one to go for in which case? I know its seems to be the industry standard...

Been using cubase in various incarnations for ages. Although that isn't really an excuse I suppose...

Ho hum, back to school I go

Udy
13-12-2004, 12:40 PM
PC or Mac?
The newest version available :)

Would agree with the plug-ins thing, they are very good and visually intuitive. Do a ton of stuff with the EXS sampler and the ES2 synths, and the tape delay is well nice.

fresh_an_funky_design
13-12-2004, 05:18 PM
apple have bought emagic,an have stopped making logic for pc's i think it went up to version 5. But im looking at getting Logic 7 Pro for my mac

Basil Rush
13-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Logic rocks, used to use it up to like version 5 before we went protools but the Pro version integrates with the protools hardware and lets you use all the TDM plugins so as soon as they sort out the audio editing for Logic so it's as neat as Protools I could easily be tempted to switch back to it.

And the amount of cool shit you get with it is just fantastic, used to be well expensive to get the full logic kit but since apple got their hands on it it's all pretty much bundled with the Pro version.

I've got a mate who runs it on the mac and as soon as i fix my stuoooopid car i'll go and have a peek.

I've used Cubase a bit for recording parts in other peoples studios and i'm getting my head around it but I loved things in logic and still miss them (like being able to program any command to any key .. dunno if you can do that in cubase yet)...

278d7e64a374de26f==