PDA

View Full Version : evolving clap reverbs....

Dave Elyzium
08-12-2004, 11:46 PM
...im looking to recreate a sound used alot on acid techno records...what im looking for is when the clap reverb is alwyas slightly different on every hit the timbre of the reverb evolves with every clap....ive recreated it to some degree by patching a phaser with a slow LFO onto the return but it snot quite what im after.......anyone make any sense of this??

AcidTrash
09-12-2004, 12:11 AM
why not just apply reverb to a single clap and sample it? or did i misread you?

Dave Elyzium
09-12-2004, 12:39 AM
ill post a clip cos i cant explain thsi properly ;)

j_s
09-12-2004, 03:44 PM
I think I know what you mean.
It may be to do with the use of analogue gear - with each clap not sounding exactly the same this difference becomes more apparent in the reverb.
Have you tried putting a filter linked to an lfo on the reverb send? Perhaps try putting LFO'd FX over the orignal clap too...

Dave Elyzium
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
I think I know what you mean.
It may be to do with the use of analogue gear - with each clap not sounding exactly the same this difference becomes more apparent in the reverb.
Have you tried putting a filter linked to an lfo on the reverb send? Perhaps try putting LFO'd FX over the orignal clap too...

good idea thanks mate ill try that out :)

FILTERZ
09-12-2004, 04:11 PM
use midi controller information to change the send or wet / dry level of your reverb or link it to velocity ;)

Basil Rush
10-12-2004, 02:27 AM
Phase the reverb send instead of the reverb return (but still not the real clap) maybe...

278d7e64a374de26f==