View Full Version : xfive - manuel fuentes flamenco remix

xfive
09-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Started this last night....

http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/xfive_-_flamenco_remix1.mp3

Whatcha think ?

stjohn
09-12-2004, 03:33 PM
nice percussive ben sims style.... i think the bass drum needs to pack more punch. and i think i driving bassline would carry the track along alot more as it seems to be very airy. the only bass i can hear is a deep sub and low perx.
good tribal buzz tho

xfive
09-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Aye yeah my levels are probably not the best... mixed down way late last night :)
It will all get sorted in the end.. thanks for the listen ;)

stjohn
09-12-2004, 03:41 PM
no worries man... im still too afraid to do a remix coz of the level of production from all the heads in the forum man....some serious producers floatin around here

yourself included :!:

daviec
09-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Exactly what I've been thinking since I started trying to get a remix together. Not that I ever thought I was going to be challenging for a place on the release :lol: , but I was coming along with something I quite liked and had a listen to some of these remixes and realised... mine is SHIT! :doh: :cry: :lol:

detfella
09-12-2004, 06:42 PM
im stating to get lost in amongst all these remixes!!

like stjohn said, a driving bassline would work very nicely. the rest of the track i dig :D

xfive
09-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks fellas.. I shall repost tonight.. there are a couple delays I need to fix too.. bit too much feedback. Fresh ears are a Good Thing (tm) :lol:

Also just went and got some Auralex MoPad's to stick under my monitors.. should help with the resonance in my desk and allow me to fix the bass up nicely :rambo:

BRADLEE
09-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Man, I like it alot so far. Can't wait to hear the finished product. And yes, you are very correct. There are so many good people on here making tracks that it is hard to feel worthy. Atleast for me, but I'm a nobody :eh:

fatcollective
10-12-2004, 12:05 AM
Class m8 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nice n Rollin All the way home :lol:

xfive
10-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Aight this should be way more bassy.
Arrangement is pretty much the same.. didn't have time to work on that this evening (morning :roll: ) heh

http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/xfive_-_flamenco_remix3.mp3

xfive
11-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Here's the final folks -

http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/xfive_-_flamenco_remix_final.mp3

Any last remarks before I submit it? :eh:

The Overfiend
12-12-2004, 12:17 AM
I love it, straight up.

Squo
12-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Nice track,very well laid out, drum section fits right in with the vibe of the song.Only you need is good mastering.

Ppl chek it out!

dirty_bass
13-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Yeah, this is definitely a remix thats stands out against the others.

Final mix could do with a tweak, and a nice bit of mastering, but we`ve chatted about this.

I got audio now, so whenever you`re ready.

This reminds me a little of underworld at their best.
I like it!!

Jimfish
14-12-2004, 09:59 AM
yeah i really like the drum groove..
I dont think the bass needed to be much bigger - just more defined.. Its sounds a bit flabby now to my ears. I think the bass is getting in the way of that wicked drum groove a bit now - i prefer the airy sound it had on the first mix.
Rather than boost the sub i would have changed the bass to a more rolling b-line with more presence at around 100hz rather than flabby sub on and off the beat, i think it would do that drum groove a little more justice - but thats just personal preference more than anything id say ;)
Also some of the non grrove stuff is a little loopy.. one sound coming in, pooing and then dropping out for another to come in and loop.. nowt wrong if thats what you were going for but its quite an old skool way of sequencing.
As Db says, it could do with a master, and in these kind of tracks its mastering that makes all the difference.
I would try and open up the top end just a tad more before mastering though.
Anyway, overall yeah i do like it nice vocoded shit - particularly the less loopy bits. Sorry if its seems like ive really broken it apart, i do really like it so im trying to be as constructive on it as possible for you :)

Jimfish
14-12-2004, 10:01 AM
pooing

how the **** did i manage that!? - its meant to say 'looping' ;)

xfive
14-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Heheh thanks for the comments and suggestions Jim.. I am going to see how the mastering turns out and that should help things quite a bit.

Not sure if I want to tackle fiddling with the bass again.. without seeing what we get first..

Cheers!

dan the acid man
14-12-2004, 07:14 PM
pooing

how the **** did i manage that!? - its meant to say 'looping' ;)

:lol: :lol: i was wondering what pooing was.........well i abviously know what it is, but i was wondering what it was in a musical sense, anyway :doh:

i like this, especially the way the track changes when the sample comes in, though i have to agree with jimfish about the bass

278d7e64a374de26f==