PDA

View Full Version : DEMO'S - ADVICE NEEDED ?!?

miasma man
23-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Hey People,

Just wanted some quick advice if at all possible.

It's about demo's. We have two 6 track demo's we need to send out.

However, do we send out 2 six track demo's or do we send out 1 twelve track demo? Or then again do we send out 3 four track demo's.

Is there a standard format for demo's or should we just put all of our tracks onto a single CD?

Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

MM.
:?:

Adverse
23-04-2003, 08:33 PM
cd or dat.. what kind of music mate? 2 X 6 is cool.. 1x12 is a bit much.

JACKSTAR
23-04-2003, 09:54 PM
I get sent quite a few and I don't mind how many trax I get as long as they are on CD and I do think most people prefer that format then at least you can play them in the car as well as everywhere else unlike DAT.
I also think it makes a differance when you make a effort on tha CD case i.e. write track titles and track length, I get some with a blank CD & case and just a email address and that makes me think if you can't be bothered to write the titles etc then why should I bother to play it.

P.

miasma man
25-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Adverse and Jackstar,

Just a quick reply to the ones you posted. Big thanks for all the advice. It has been really helpful.

Hope you have a good one whatever you do.

PEACE

MM

:D

go|plastic
28-04-2003, 09:23 PM
So is there a 6 track minimum "rule" when sending out demos or what???

MARKEG
28-04-2003, 10:16 PM
no, but if you're sending off to a label for the first time, you at least want to show them what you're about....

go|plastic
01-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Sounds fair enough :)

Thx for the info!

I really got frantic about the six track thing though....man I'm such a lazy bastard! :oops: :D

278d7e64a374de26f==