PDA

View Full Version : hard tribal techno a la me!

stjohn
11-12-2004, 06:58 PM
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~emusic/audio/unsung_army.mp3

a bit loopy and needs work on the changeovers. any comments and ideas on direction welcome coz i have to strip this down again!

xfive
11-12-2004, 07:39 PM
I like the ideas in here - pretty cool. It's a bit loopy for my taste (as you said) but you can sort it out I'm sure :)

One thing that caught my ear -
The change around :54 or so that drops in is sorta awkward due to the way your patterns are setup... its managable but sounds funny at first.

I see what you're going for though.. good effort. I think if you make 3-4 more layers you will find that it will be enough to take bits of them here and there and spread them around so that it becomes less loopy... drop em in a for a few bars and then go back to what you already have.. spice it up a bit.
Also you don't have to use another layer of pattern - try effecting just one element of the track for a while and such.

Also I do like the feedback synth type sound near the end I'd try using that more and maybe drop into a breakdown with it!

Just some ideas ;)

stjohn
11-12-2004, 08:43 PM
exactly what i was thnking...the 1st changeover kinda plops in.... as does the next one and the end buildup shud go somewhere...
cheers for feedback ;)

xfive
11-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah - I think if you used that ending sound throughout the track more as a theme it could work well (instead of just at the end) ;)

AcidTrash
13-12-2004, 10:02 AM
very nice. I like. bit of a hiss tho. not sure if thats intended.

dirty_bass
13-12-2004, 06:16 PM
This is good.
Laid back, and spacey.

the kick could be just a little bit louder.
And the top end could do with more activity.

A bit loopy, but it evolves nicely.

I`d definitely make more use of that machine/feedback sound.

Nice work.

stjohn
15-12-2004, 01:18 PM
i was wonderin if id get a reply from yourself Dirty...thanks!!! going to rework it with more changeovers.... etc... expect an update in 2007.... college projects coming out my ying yang

tooltech
18-12-2004, 08:54 PM
i love tribal techno. your track is good arranged.
this will find a place in my playlist...

cool stuff

fatcollective
19-12-2004, 02:18 AM
proper clubby tribal techno...i like it ...but to me it seems like you have put lots of effort into the first 3 or 4 minutes and things started to get a bit minimal after that. i think it could do with a drop somewhere...but thats it really..its good stuff...i just think you should do a bit more work other than running the tune out ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==