PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of all these top40 remakes?

recoil
14-12-2004, 05:08 PM
After Tube Tech - The End there's been some other releases where the use of classic commercial songlyrics have been used to make a schranz track of it. What do you think of this?

In my opinion any serious musiclover doesn't buy or play this crap. There hasn't been any good remakes anyhow.

If you need some examples check these: Crap (http://www.juno.co.uk/search.php?q=vktd)

samba
05-01-2005, 11:04 PM
so the girl who gets on the floor for the first time all night because she hears Jimi's voice in a techno track can never be a SERIOUS music lover, and thus a track that does this and creates dance floor diversity is simply.... crap. :eh:

loser.

gary_human
06-01-2005, 01:36 AM
so the girl who gets on the floor for the first time all night because she hears Jimi's voice in a techno track can never be a SERIOUS music lover, and thus a track that does this and creates dance floor diversity is simply.... crap. :eh:

loser.

Go girl :lol:

If one of these top 40 remakes managed to get our New Zealand sister here into techno aint that a good thing??!

samba
06-01-2005, 01:51 AM
heheh I'm a dude, but I was talking bout a close friend...

Big ups Eric Sneo et al. and their diverse styles :love:

gary_human
06-01-2005, 01:53 AM
heheh I'm a dude, but I was talking bout a close friend...

Big ups Eric Sneo et al. and their diverse styles :love:

woops :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'll get my coat . . . . :lol:

MangaFish
07-01-2005, 01:16 AM
i dont agree with using commertial samples for the sake of using them. sometimes if feels like they were written purely for the novelty of it.

However, if someone took a commertial sample and did something interesting with it (rather than just stuck a loop under it) then im all for it. Who cares if it was originally a commertial / cheesy track. its the end results that count

MangaFish
07-01-2005, 01:20 AM
If you need some examples check these: Crap (http://www.juno.co.uk/search.php?q=vktd)

those are pretty poor examples i think. the 3rd of the 3 tracks (Who's Gonna Give Us The Answer) has some artist merit, but the others sybolise everthing i hate about bootlegs. To be honnest it wouldnt matter if it was a commertial track or a trance / house track - its just an obvious hook pasted over a boring loop

278d7e64a374de26f==