PDA

View Full Version : 80's vocals etcnew hype in techno?

Spark
14-12-2004, 10:06 PM
What do YOU think of this new hype?

All that 80's vocals used in techno tracks..

:neutral:

Internal Error Records
14-12-2004, 11:36 PM
What do YOU think of this new hype?

All that 80's vocals used in techno tracks..

:neutral:

that mess is called electroclash. it last abouted 6 months and died 2 years ago ;)

MARKEG
14-12-2004, 11:48 PM
hmmm i quite like it.. and i don't think it's 'new'... been buying tracks like this for a while now... i wouldn't even say it's died either..

:shock:

Internal Error Records
14-12-2004, 11:51 PM
in fairness - 80s music often have great remix potential. but imo the concept has been raped to death.

i do like it. but make it good dammit! ;)

MARKEG
14-12-2004, 11:51 PM
sure it's not hard techno, buut for us old school freaks i think it's a great thing. have done for the last 2 yrs... really buzz off this music...

Internal Error Records
14-12-2004, 11:55 PM
rock on.

im in no place to critize anyones music tastes.

"hi pot? this is kettle, you're black!" :lol:

:-)

jon connor
15-12-2004, 12:56 AM
wots the score on these samples is it a risk to use them ? ive often wondered about that because ive heard many over the years.in fact i wouldent mind avin ago myself, my mums partner was a co owner of rush release many years ago, he still has a massive collection of rare old eightys stuff, the loft is full of them. they are just sareaming at me to sample but i dont wanna shoot myself. :shock: how do you no wot you can get away with ?

Internal Error Records
15-12-2004, 01:05 AM
wots the score on these samples is it a risk to use them ? ive often wondered about that because ive heard many over the years.in fact i wouldent mind avin ago myself, my mums partner was a co owner of rush release many years ago, he still has a massive collection of rare old eightys stuff, the loft is full of them. they are just sareaming at me to sample but i dont wanna shoot myself. :shock: how do you no wot you can get away with ?

my lawyer (who is a bright guy, and SOS can vouch for that) says -

"If you are actually sued for an illegal sample, send the person suing you a thank you card for making your track a success and you rich."

still, i rather not rick it :cool:

recoil
15-12-2004, 01:19 AM
lol Spark, great minds think a like ;)

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28102

gary_human
15-12-2004, 02:00 AM
in fairness - 80s music often have great remix potential. but imo the concept has been raped to death.

i do like it. but make it good dammit! ;)

nuff said . . .

give it a good beat and do something different with it :lol:

The Overfiend
15-12-2004, 03:57 AM

my lawyer (who is a bright guy, and SOS can vouch for that) says -

"If you are actually sued for an illegal sample, send the person suing you a thank you card for making your track a success and you rich."

still, i rather not rick it :cool:

I'm dying to sample some old vocals from that Abc guy I loved his voice. and yes he was a cool mofo.

penthesilea
15-12-2004, 08:31 AM
hmmm i quite like it.. and i don't think it's 'new'... been buying tracks like this for a while now... i wouldn't even say it's died either..

:shock:

Agree.
I quite like it too (punter's opinion here), depending on the vocal used, not on the name you put on it...
"electroclash" is an evil word...
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/asthanos_xtra.gif

Spark
15-12-2004, 10:22 AM

Huh! LOL

2 Internal Error Records:

Thats not what i mean! I mean for example hardtechno with things like that in it..

G-whizz
15-12-2004, 10:33 AM
the goth scene has been doing stuff like that for a long time ... just becoming more popular now so they`ve gotta name it .....

Tony
15-12-2004, 11:33 AM
i've just got in a load of copies of a remix of duran durans planet earth............. and its good :oops: the flip is a bit more evil though :twisted:

jon connor
15-12-2004, 01:25 PM

Huh! LOL

2 Internal Error Records:

Thats not what i mean! I mean for example hardtechno with things like that in it..

always noticed sum good Londond tracks with things like that over the years, also have you heard kay d smith on composure 8, not to sure wot its called av to dig it out, but its a good example of how a vocal can be illustrated in a hard techno track, i used to love dropping this, its 1 of those tracks that smashes the place up big time. :rambo: guaranteed at least 10 trainspotters legging it to the decks to find out wot is, but fair dooze! they were into it, and it takes a tune to make somones head turn like that to, somthing to think about. ;)

gary_human
15-12-2004, 07:32 PM
always noticed sum good Londond tracks with things like that over the years, also have you heard kay d smith on composure 8, not to sure wot its called av to dig it out, but its a good example of how a vocal can be illustrated in a hard techno track, i used to love dropping this, its 1 of those tracks that smashes the place up big time. :rambo: guaranteed at least 10 trainspotters legging it to the decks to find out wot is, but fair dooze! they were into it, and it takes a tune to make somones head turn like that to, somthing to think about. ;)

Yeah composure 08 (sings - "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii can do my very best if I can get my chance") was one of my faves when it came out - I loved that track so much as it was original, anyone can copy that idea, but to come up with something original and inspiring is what would realy inspire me.

jon connor
15-12-2004, 07:57 PM
yea gary i here you man ,but it was really nice to hear for a change, i was shoked wen i first heard it. and still it will rip any hard dance floor apart weather you like it or not. there is a few exellent vocal illustraions in a similar way on 4+4 label to. these records dont come very often but when they do they are normaly well produced and always a bit speacial. ;)

jon connor
15-12-2004, 08:03 PM
also i will never forget the time me and a freind were playing a collage radio show at lunch time sum years ago, there were about a 1000 people having lunch and tutors to, we played glen wilsons mistress diana broadcast all over canteen. we were removed and band from the place from that day onwards.hahahahahahahahah! love that track to. but still you cant play them all the time because you seem to get board of em easy. ive always found this from playing these kinda records.

278d7e64a374de26f==