PDA

View Full Version : ROWLAND THE BASTARD@TEKNOWARFARE - DUBLIN **this staurday**

darkmockeray
15-12-2004, 06:18 PM
on sat 29th of january TEKNOWARFARE will be hostin ROWLAND THE BASTARD for a night of hard jackin getto acid techno :shock: .......

anyone whose been to a TEKNOWARFARE night will know what to expect...... :twisted: and if ya havent.......... ;) :lol:

also playin on the night are....

derek f (if he shows up....he he only jokin!!!)
NUKEnSKUD (darkmockeray & keylockd b2b :rambo: )
rob moore
dj tod

@ THE BELVEDERE, GRT DENMARK ST. DOORS 10PM - €10/8 B4 11PM

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc34b3127cce9df86d0a8aa700000016109AbtmbJm5bq

here is some info on rowland from www.stayupforever.com.........

Rowland the Bastard (whose name comes from his straight-to-the-jugular style of mixing, and not his attitude!) started djing back in 1993. He could be found taking control of the dance floor at many free parties in the south west of England, hosted by crews as: Lazy House, One Family and the infamous Sign On Crew.
All this led Rowland to start his own club night/party called The Fun Factory. Out of these nights emerged a ****-off sound system, co-run by the legendary Pigfarmer and Rowland himself.
Together they were renowned for putting their 30k sound assault in any field, beach or squat, at anytime, anywhere.

After a three-year affair, the Fun Factory disbanded. Pigfarmer and Rowland joined forces with Bristol-based party crew Sunnyside, and went on to organise some of the best parties Bristol had ever seen, attracting as many as 5000 party-people a night, during their two month reign over the cities’ industrial estates.
Working with Sunnyside introduced Rowland to London based crews: UN Sound and the Big Sexy Festy organisation. Back in 1997 he could be seen and heard playing at many underground party venues, including Parkway Cinema, North London Uni, The Rocket and Hackney Marshes, alongside club nights like Megatropolis.

Around the same time Rowland started working for Plymouth-based record shop/ record label Urban Collective, in their Exeter branch. A chance meeting with hip-hop fanatic Simon Franklin encouraged Rowland to establish his own label, Bionic Orange. The first release was a double A side which featured Rowland with “Your Mother Wouldn’t Like It”(Bio-001) and saw Simon responsible for the AA track …. Bionic Orange was born!

The distinctive sound of “Your Mother Wouldn’t Like It” impressed Urban Collective’s label boss (and large fromage), Pete Miller, and Rowland was asked to remix Emissary’s “Perfect World” along with Dave Valentine. The “Perfect World” remix, along with Chris Liberator’s remix of “Your Mother Wouldn’t Like It”(Bio-002), and Rowland’s second onslaught “The Spinebender”(Bio-003), went on to be showcased on Graham Gold’s CD “Full Of Beans”, which was voted Album Of The Week in HMV record stores nationwide.
Rowland started a residency for Urban Collective at Dreamscape, where he caused total mayhem in the house room on New Years Eve, whilst playing a mix of Acid with a dash of Hard House, and just a hint of Techno.

The “Techno Terrorist” was emerging and was getting strongly into a new sound : ACID-TECHNO.
Still a resident in Devon, he was making frequent jaunts to London to meet up with Smitten’s Recordings head honcho Steve Smitten.While supping a few cold ones, Steve put the offer to Rowland to remix Geezer’s
“Prozac”(Smtr-002) engineered by the man himself, Guy Mcaffer.
The pair forged a strong friendship.

In early 1998 Rowland decided that it was high time to spread his wings and
move to London. During his early days there, he focused mainly on running
his now renowned underground Acid-Techmo Record label, Bionic Orange,
and working and producing in Geezer studios on new projects,
Including the “Intent To Supply E.P.” (Bio-004)
This particular release (a four-tracker, Two written in Geezer studios and two written in Rowland’s own “Bio Lab” studio in Devon) gave Rowland much global acclaim.
Geezer and Rowland decided it was time to join forces, and due to there extreme smoking habits in the studio, Tarball & Lungbutter were conceived, and the awesome release, ”Sonic Eruptor”(Bio-005 (now licensed to Stay Up Forever)) became celebrated by the likes of Chris Liberator and D.a.v.e. The Drummer.
Tarball & Lungbutter were rapidly becoming household names in the Acid Techno scene.
The success of Sonic Eruptor led to Mark Harrington of Kinetec Records contacting Rowland and arranging to buy tunes direct, the Kinetec crew sold over one hundred copies of Bio-005 in their shop alone.

Through another chance meeting with John Gallop (Syceda Rhythm), (whilst being on a reconnaissance mission in San Francisco), Rowland embarked on his first solo US tour during October/November 1998. This five-week adventure kicked off raves in cities such as Chicago, Kansas, Milwaukee, Cleveland and Pittsburgh, not to mention the mid-week clubs and several radio shows.
During the latter part of 1998, after weeks of discussion about the lack of distribution for Techno/ Acid Techno, Rowland and Mark Kinetec decided that it was time for action, so they united forces and started Infectious Distribution. This alliance also gave way to some new labels that Rowland was responsible for in the areas of both management and A&R
These labels being, - Infected, Antidote and Cut’n Dry, not to forget another label that Rowland started with Biff from Future Under Ground Nation (F.U.N.): F.u.2.
By popular demand, Rowland accepted the mission of his second solo U S and Canadian Tour. The man started with style to, playing a faultless two hour set on three decks, at Sixth Sense, (drop base network) Chicago, showing the likes of Frankie Vega, Alexi Delano, Robert Armani and James Christian how it was done, N Y E ‘98’. This excursion lasted six weeks, and killer-sets were spun in cities as far afield as Cleveland, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Toronto, San Francisco, Oakland, Kitchener, Ottawa, Niagara, Chicago and Kansas. Promoters for these events included Happy Head, House Of Styles, Drop Bass Network, Harmony, Syceda Rhythm, Destiny and many more. With a total of 22 gigs, as well as five radio shows and a TV appearance on the famed Electric Circus broadcasted on Much Music (Canada) which including satellite broadcasts from the top of Canada to Mexico, this tour was a huge success.

While all this was going on, Infectious Distribution was going from strength to strength, Rowland now co owned a thriving distribution company, with 14 in-house labels under it’s belt, which Rowland was responsible for most of the A&R and management. some of the new labels included: Chunk, D, Strata, vice, Twitch.

During September 1999, Rowland along with Chris Liberator, DDR and The Geezer, plus Tour Manager Steve Smitten, embarked on Rowland’s third North American Tour, and Punk Floyd’s first. Show casing new cities, Calgary (Canada), Rochester (NY), Phoenix, L.A., not to mention a few old favourites.

While more and more bookings overseas were flooding in, some of which saw Rowland travelling every weekend to North America for periods as long as five weeks at a time, doing anything between 1 to 5 gigs, radio and internet show’s per visit. And still doing his share in Europe. Tarball & Lungbutter where doing live pa’s around the world to, the UK, Canada and, y2k In Venezuela, where Tarball & Lungbutter were booked to play along with Rowland doing a DJ set. From Christmas Eve to the end of January Rowland also managed to conquer Poland, Spain, and Venezuela.

March 2000 Rowland decided it was time to leave Infectious to pursue more time in the studio. He took with him his new baby, a label that had been flying up the ranks, and gaining allot of respect from legends like: DJ rush, Glen Wilson, Commander Tom and Mark Gage (Vapour space) and many more, the label is Infected.

Throughout the summer Rowland continued to play all over the place, and with more time in the studio Rowland the chance to experiment more with darker, pounding beats for Infected and other, newer projects, like his debut album, “Things To Do In Devon When Your Dead”

In October 2000 Rowland moved to Canada, where he is currently residing.
When ask “why ?”, he replied “because I can”. Rowland has a strong following in North America, and was also given his new residency for FBI (Fat Beats Inc.) in Calgary. Moving to Canada didn’t pose much of a problem, in December 2000 Rowland also took part in a stay up forever mini, tour of Brazil, where he played five gigs.
March 2001 saw Rowland’s Debut album, “Things To Do In Devon When your Dead” released on Smitten recordings, the formats are CD and vinyl, the vinyl sold out the first day of release.

Rowland is now flying frequently back and forth from Europe, South America, United States and Canada, playing a blend of sounds, ranging from deep dark Techno to full blown banging Acid Techno.
So you would think Rowland has his work cut out for him, with all this globe-trotting and runningTwo record successful record labels, and producing tracks for all of these, as well as other labels such as Smitten, Stay Up Forever, Abstraction and Paradigm Shift. But he is still always keen to take on new challenges…..

WOW THATS ALLOTA INFO - HE MUST BE GOOD........... :lol:

Mucky Beats
16-12-2004, 02:33 PM
ROWLAND is a ace dj he has some well wicked tunes in his bag and i know he will rock ya event ... hope all goes well... :clap:
hes on our latest release !!!! and i''m shure he will drop it on the 29th!

fatcollective
16-12-2004, 04:08 PM
i might be up for going to this one, i mean i live in north wales and its easy enough to grab a ferry to dublin from holyhead and it dont cost that much (£27 return)..mmm...yep i know my girlfriend wouldnt mind goin to dublin for the weekend ;)

Mucky Beats
16-12-2004, 04:33 PM
also if any of you guys and girls in dublin would like to come to n.wales on the 27th for chris lib, darc mac ribz, loads of the fat collective, Amber d , dolphin, vortex then check out the web site below

fresh_an_funky_design
17-12-2004, 12:58 AM
[quote="darkmockeray"]on sat 29th of january TEKNOWARFARE will be hostin ROWLAND THE BASTARD for a night of hard jackin getto acid techno :shock: .......

YEAH AGREE ROWLAND IS A WICKED DJ, BUT I DONT THINK HE PLAYS ACID ANY MORE

darkmockeray
18-12-2004, 02:48 PM
ye man u should deffo pop over for the weekend............ its real easy to get over from wales and vice versa - i know ive ended up in hollyhead after a couple of mad nights wonderin what the f**k just happened!!!!!

fatcollective
19-12-2004, 05:36 AM
ye man u should deffo pop over for the weekend............ its real easy to get over from wales and vice versa - i know ive ended up in hollyhead after a couple of mad nights wonderin what the f**k just happened!!!!!

ok mate, im really up for this...is there any chance you could send me an email 1 week before this event...otherwise i will forget: djzoid2003@aol.com

cheers mate

keylockd
23-12-2004, 01:25 AM

i know what u mean, i was standin beside ya!!??

darkmockeray
23-12-2004, 02:42 PM
howerya keytho........ :lol: wlecome to boa - if i was u id stay well clear tho :dontevengothere: .......... SKETCH :lol: :roll:

darkmockeray
07-01-2005, 05:02 PM
its comin.......

darkmockeray
18-01-2005, 08:41 PM
SOON!!!!

darkmockeray
24-01-2005, 01:46 PM
ok folks - this saturday at the belvo - we'll be bringin our own system for maximum head fukin' - c yis there!!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==