PDA

View Full Version : BOA TIPS N TRICKS PUT INTO USE!!!

fatcollective
16-12-2004, 11:19 PM
HI PPL!! HERES A TRACK FOR YOUS TO CHECK!! A LOT OF THINGS IVE PICKED UP FROM VARIOUS BOA MEMBERS WENT INTO THIS TRACK, THANKS ALL!!! YOUR TIPS WORK, THANX DIRTYBASS FOR THE LINK TO THE SYNTH, I GOT IT!! WHAT A POWERFULL MACHINE, ANYWAYS I PUT IT INTO USE HERE!! LET US KNOW WHAT U FINK!! CHEERZ PPL!!!

DISTEK

www.fatcollective.com/ktd/untitled.mp3

;)

gary_human
17-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Love :love: the bassline which comes in around 1.30 :clap: sounds like the sort of grooves I hear on that label Bang On, but more on the techno tip.

Im sure this be nice to mix - let me have a vinyl copy man :dance:

fatcollective
17-12-2004, 01:30 AM
cheerz m8!!! seriously think boa is a big help to my production man, track still need finalising, as per the abrupt end n the quick intro. Thanx for ur comments, ill be posting the final version soon man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gary_human
17-12-2004, 01:38 AM
seriously think boa is a big help to my production man

I think BOA is a big help to everyone who wanna re-ignite / keep alive the scene!!

Looking forward to the finished item - theres some great stuff coming out of the FAT collective :clap:

fresh_an_funky_design
17-12-2004, 02:22 AM
alright wayne, wicked tune mate, liking the synths init. Ure productions getting shit hot now mate :clap: :clap:

networkacid
17-12-2004, 10:40 PM
This track is cool and funky and the kick is pure fatness, I like that a lot. But where are the hats/highs? I can hear them in there but they need some serious work to bring them out, give them some sizzle! :)

fatcollective
21-12-2004, 08:23 PM
cheerz for the advice m8, im still workin on this, takin my time, ill give the hatz a wang, they do seem abit muddy. anyways thanks for avin a listen, ill re-post it soon as im happy with the final!!! ;)

TimoBenz
21-12-2004, 09:09 PM
not bad the track... nice driving percussions.... but the bassline is a little bit strange... doesn't fit to the track.

tooltech
22-12-2004, 08:50 AM
i like that sound. very complete arrangement.
when there is an intro and an outro this track is finished.

:clap:

fatcollective
22-12-2004, 02:15 PM
but the bassline is a little bit strange... doesn't fit to the track.
Which Bassline? The first 1 (the drum n bass style 1 which comes in first or the other stompy 1 which comes in at approx 1:30??????

AcidTrash
22-12-2004, 03:33 PM
like it. sounds like something off powertools.

TimoBenz
22-12-2004, 06:13 PM
the second one which comes in the first break.... i don't like it...

fatcollective
23-12-2004, 12:17 PM
the second one which comes in the first break.... i don't like it...
now if u wud of said the first b/line (the 1 i aint too sure about) i wid of give it sum thought, but i really think the second 1 fits, give me a real buzz when i played it bak after puttin it in!! so its gunna stay, but im gunna give the first 1 sum consideration as i still aint 2 happy with it, thanx anyway m8 ;) the tracks nearly complete except for the first b/line, so ill b postin it in the nxt couple of days :rambo:

mrbenn
23-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Nice track dude, I like the bassline at 1.30 only thing id say is the mix is very muddy, you could do with some eq on the bassline to make it sound a little clearer.

dirty_bass
24-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Well I like this, the mix still needs work to take away the dryness (some verbs and delays would help, used subtley), and the top end needs to be brighter, but overall the main groove is sound.
the only hting I don`t rate is the added synths.
The synth lines are a little bit simple and basically the sounds are wasted on the one or two note riffs. Something a little more imaginative wouldn`t go amiss.
Also the synths could do with a little more processing as they just sound straight out of the box.

fatcollective
24-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Well I like this, the mix still needs work to take away the dryness (some verbs and delays would help, used subtley), and the top end needs to be brighter, but overall the main groove is sound.
the only hting I don`t rate is the added synths.
The synth lines are a little bit simple and basically the sounds are wasted on the one or two note riffs. Something a little more imaginative wouldn`t go amiss.
Also the synths could do with a little more processing as they just sound straight out of the box.
cheerz m8, ur right about the synth, didnt really put much thought into it as i was blown away by the sound quality of the presets, ive bin gettin my head right into vangaurd lately, just tryin 2 learn how to use it properly, ive made a hell of a lot of changes to the track, took a lot more time on the synths & after takin into account what you've said ill re post it, thanx again for the advice on synths, really made a difference to my tracks, put's a lot more life & excitement into them!!! thanx a bunch m8!!! :lol:

Trip Head
26-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Yeh I really like the groove on this! Nice solid kick and funky percussion :clap:

I agree with the comments on the hats and the synths, so it'll be good to hear the finished version.

278d7e64a374de26f==