PDA

View Full Version : midi controler

sleepy
18-12-2004, 10:15 PM
im looking to get a new midi controller doew anyone have any suggestions on what i should be looking at it must have assignable knobs ive looked at the korg micro control but cant seem to find any reviews on it, another option is just a control box. i have the evolution mk225c but the knobs on it at crap to say the least...

cheers.....

Greg Dee
19-12-2004, 05:10 AM
I just got my hands on a M-Audio Radium 49...great keyboard, 8 knobs, 8 sliders, 3 octaves...only problem ive run into is some latency issues with the knobs and sliders...perhaps because its USB and not firewire? Its non-existent with slow to moderate speed movements, but for quick cuts and stuff, it tends to lag a few miliseconds.

That evolution would be my choice. give it a spin.

StoQ
19-12-2004, 09:49 AM
hmm i'm looking at remote-25, check it out m8

curly
19-12-2004, 11:10 AM
I have found the little oxygen8 to be a reliable robust controller, but it's no good for keyboard playing, although it's velocity sensitive i find it unnatural to play. but for midi cc messages while out of the studio its great.

Milesy
19-12-2004, 03:50 PM
ive got the m-audio ozone which also came with an inbuilt 24bit studio
soundcard which was ideal for my wee laptop

ampassasinbirmingham
19-12-2004, 07:28 PM
i can recomend the evolution keyboard controllers for value for money. build quality is lackng on them tho. the same applies for the uc 33e controller. excellent controller/ excellent value for money but poor build quality.

apparently the new behringer motorized fader midi contoller is worth checking out- but again , poor build quality.

id personally go fo the microcontoller.

3o3
25-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi,

I also have the evolution uc33, it has many knobs, sliders and some prog. buttons and I'm really happy with it but it doesn't has any keys !
Therefor I make use of the Radium 61, that's doing its job well enough for me. It has also has 8 prog. knobs.
For my laptop I use Oxygen 8 - can't live w/o this baby, it's a must have for laptop users!!

Cheers bro...

278d7e64a374de26f==