PDA

View Full Version : looking for a mastering guy

mux
19-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Heyas,

I'm nearing completion of a four-track demo CD that I'll be handing out tons of in the new year. This is the first time I've produced my songs in the "professional" sense; 18 tracks of audio, 24bit/96khz, all tracked out off the live rig and into Ableton Live using a MOTU 828mkII. It's coming together quite nicely, finally!

I'm not interested in mastering my own stuff tho - I've tried, and I'm terrible at it. I know I could get better if I spent a year or two on it, but frankly, I'd rather spend that time writing music. From what I overheard, for mastering techno for vinyl, Lawrie Immersion is the man... but I'm not looking to master for vinyl! If the tracks get picked up by a label, I'm sure they'll want the unmastered versions anyway - but since right now I'm gunning more for live bookings than labels, I'd like my CD to sound as good as possible.

Who do you guys use? I'm not looking for a freebie! Ideally I'd like to hear a bunch of options, along with their rates per track and examples of their work...

BTW - my music is pounding rave techno, with lots of acid influences; very analogue stuff. Examples on my website. :)

loopdon
19-12-2004, 10:04 PM
If you want i loud (!) and clear you could ask

Bastian Storm on this forum,

just an idea.

there are lots of others up to it in this place, definitely,

but i think you could ask him...

Just listen to the Track 'Timetrial' he posted in the 'Techno Production Filez'
section and see if you like the sound....

dirty_bass
20-12-2004, 02:16 AM
I can do mastering for you, pm me.

278d7e64a374de26f==