PDA

View Full Version : hosue vs techno loop

tracatak
20-12-2004, 11:25 PM
whaqt is a good way to tell tha ti have made a techno loop aand nt a house loop..or trance.etc...soem shit i make doesnt seem to follow the technoy side of a loop...sometimes i think its more on the hosuey tip or tech house...not like a str8 up techno looop./..any tips...are there similarities or differences to look out for

Milesy
20-12-2004, 11:50 PM
its what you want it to be mate
:)

Evil G
21-12-2004, 12:01 AM
i watched a documentary that had an interview with joey beltram. he said that when he wrote "energy flash" he thought he was writing a house track, but it ended up being labeled as techno.

it's all just words trying to describe something that is actually beyond words, so don't take the definitions too seriously.

xfive
21-12-2004, 12:10 AM
I guess I will try to answer this from the non ambiguous end of things and venture to say that its the types of sounds you use in the loop.

House tends to be a bit more organic with a very live, shuffled sort of feel to the loops...
Techno tends to have more synthesized or for lack of a better word, "industrial" type sounds, and has a bit more of a non-shuffled mechanical feel to it.

But yes.. it really is whatever you want it to be. One loop does not make or break a track.. its the combination of all of the elements involved.

Check my remix of Antonio's Repentence of Past Sins if you want to hear an example something that's vaguely "housey" or organic sounding.. but mashed and molded into techno.

xfive
21-12-2004, 12:11 AM
And yes, Evil G is right.... you're really trying to describe something that's totally up to the person listening..
One man's techno is another man's house I'm sure. ;)

loopdon
21-12-2004, 12:03 PM
hey, tracatak, could you please stop deliberately writing words in a wrong way, like 'hosue' and 'writting'. I just think that's kinda lame.

;)

278d7e64a374de26f==