PDA

View Full Version : how important is it

tracatak
20-12-2004, 11:53 PM
for instance...in the fruity loops screen u got ina 4 beat/kick loop (4/4 i guess) it looks like this OOOO OOOO OOOO OOOO (O = the 4 sets of 4 ) and u usually plce the kicks liek this k---k---k---k--- ,,,my question is...should i always fil each little O up with some sorta percusion...be it a hi hat or snare etc....i find when i fill each little space up it gives me mroe of a techno groove..and when i make it fill up in a certain nice patern its even better not jsut some random shit..lol...am i on to somethign here or is this liek basic knowledge from day one....or do i not alwyas have to have that much percussion going for techno..sorry for all these stupid ?'s but thanks for the help n not laughin at me..lol

Evil G
21-12-2004, 12:09 AM
i would say that you are onto something in that if you place your sounds at different times (filling up all the Os) instead of playing them all together on the down beat, you will get a fuller sound without having to rely on as much use of eq to separate the sounds.

but also consider that you might want to leave some empty spaces so that the sounds have a chance to breath. it's probably good to find a balance between fullness and space. (not that i've been so good at finding that balance myself, but hey, we're all working at it! ) ;)

professor
21-12-2004, 08:04 PM
at the risk of sounding negative, just listen to your music and get a grip. One of the things I don't like about writing music on a computer screen is that you may tend to look at the sequence too much rather than listening to it.
AND this is the second post in a row i've read where you've asked for someone to tell you how to make YOUR music...

278d7e64a374de26f==