PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee *Hospital Rest*

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Here's a new one I just got done. I was layed out in a hospital bed for a minute and I had to do something. All done in my headphones, but I believe the Eq'ing is ok. I hope you enjoy...

http://iluvtekno.com/Hospital-rest.mp3

dirty_bass
21-12-2004, 04:35 PM
What exactly did they do to you at this hospital?
Nice.
The overall mix needs some final tweaks and cleaning up, but overall this is good.
It needs a focal point to give it more direction, but I like the feel of this.
Very moody.

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 04:40 PM
What exactly did they do to you at this hospital?
They changed my DNa to that of what does not exsist. LOL :lol: Thanks Steve!!! Yes I probably do need to do some final mix cleanup, but I still have no monitors :doh: Wish I did though ;)

decoherance
21-12-2004, 05:44 PM
yeah man, sounds good. like this a lot! i would buy this

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 06:47 PM
yeah man, sounds good. like this a lot! i would buy this

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I just hope that I can get some releases going soon. Then hopefully you might be able to buy this. Thanks again for the compliments.

xfive
21-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Nice man.. I like it.
I definetly think you need one more element/direction to take it, as Steve mentioned, but it's got a smooov vibe to it :)

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Well thank you very much for your compliment. Although what direction do you mean?

xfive
21-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Well the elements that you have there work very well together, but none of them really seems to be the focal point of the track.. a theme if you will..
You have the two synthy parts that play off of each other up until slightly after mid point in the track. Then they drop out for a bit, and come back shortly after.
The way they play off each other leaves some space for something to come in later ontop to focus your attention to, and leave those playing in the background.

It's just the way they sound to me that makes me hear them as complementary pieces to what's going on, and not so much the main idea. Like an intro/outro sorta feeling... Honestly the first thing that came to mind for me was something higher pitched with a short attack (strings... piano...), and simple non-cheesy riff that could just funk it out and take it on a deep tip, then drop it in and out, and the synths you already have will carry the groove along on the dark tip.

I hope this rambling makes some sense.. :lol:

But yeah this track has a nice smooth dark vibe to it.. I think if you try something similar to the above, it will give it some nice variation and take the listener on even more of a journey.

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 08:06 PM
xfive

Senior Freak

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:01 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the elements that you have there work very well together, but none of them really seems to be the focal point of the track.. a theme if you will..
You have the two synthy parts that play off of each other up until slightly after mid point in the track. Then they drop out for a bit, and come back shortly after.
The way they play off each other leaves some space for something to come in later ontop to focus your attention to, and leave those playing in the background.

It's just the way they sound to me that makes me hear them as complementary pieces to what's going on, and not so much the main idea. Like an intro/outro sorta feeling... Honestly the first thing that came to mind for me was something higher pitched with a short attack (strings... piano...), and simple non-cheesy riff that could just funk it out and take it on a deep tip, then drop it in and out, and the synths you already have will carry the groove along on the dark tip.

I hope this rambling makes some sense..

But yeah this track has a nice smooth dark vibe to it.. I think if you try something similar to the above, it will give it some nice variation and take the listener on even more of a journey.

Wow, thank you very much for the comments. I get what you're saying too, and I kind of did that, but I guess not to the extent that you're speaking of. Seriously, thanks for taking the time to give such constructive criticism. I appreciate it greatly.

xfive
21-12-2004, 08:09 PM
heheh no problem man... I could hear the other parts dancing in my head as the track played... but I will leave my vague explanation up to your interpretation and creativity :)

TimoBenz
21-12-2004, 09:10 PM
xfive said everything :lol:

BRADLEE
21-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Thank you! dually noted ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==