PDA

View Full Version : new revolutionary software

miromiric.
26-04-2003, 12:07 PM
on music festival, recently held in zagreb, i had a chance to hear a live act made on this newMAX software. it`s similiar to reaktor, but here u can go much further, it`s not limited in any direction.
Here are just a few of the many applications of Max: interactive algorithmic music generation, interactive art installations, live performance systems for touring shows, multimedia application prototyping, sound reinforcement control systems, automated mixing systems.

http://www.cycling74.com/products/maxmsp.html

u can download trial for mac which will work for 30 days. if someone can test it on mac and share some experience with us, i d be grateful.
windows version is gonna be released later this year.

rpmiller
26-04-2003, 02:14 PM
i had a play with max msp at uni, very powerful program, and so much you can do with it. A freind of mine created an installation, using light sensors to trigger midi and digital audio, depending on how you moved within a certain space on the floor.

I also used a program on mac called Metasynth, really liked the image synthesis tool, which allows you to take a digital image, and use it to filter or create sound, using the images colour, shapes, brightness etc. as a modulation source. very cool stuff.

Adverse
26-04-2003, 05:34 PM
ok metasynth sounds nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basil Rush
28-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Cycling 74 ruled my world briefly and they will again when they finish OSX development... rough and ready but their stuff F***s up sound like you wouldn't believe.... raaaaa!

detfella
02-05-2003, 01:23 PM
is it just mac?

Xtraction
28-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Max has been around for about 8 years or so now, but MSP is about three years old, and I don't think you can go much further in audio/data routing in the multimedia world. Check out Jitter.......It's Cycling '74's newest prog. It's a little more video, but, you'll see.

278d7e64a374de26f==