PDA

View Full Version : more groove

recoil
25-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Do you people have some advice to put more "drive/groove" in the track?

My producing experiments always sounds so flat..
So how do you do it?

loopdon
25-12-2004, 11:19 PM
delays can make things 'run' ,
ghostnotes, i.e. ghostsnares (hardly audible sounds) can
make the difference between a flat and a driving groove.

definetely try using quite a few different snares or similar to get a driving groove!!!

a little verb can open up things as well.

u could also make use of perc-loops from cds etc. (conga/bongo/whatever), which you can put underneath your main groove. even subtle use can really make a hell of a lot of a difference.

hope this helps :crackup:

DJZeMigL
30-12-2004, 02:17 PM
A little light verb on the master (make sure the verb only uses freq. abouve something like 400 Hz and bellow at least 16 Khz) now compress the all thing 2 get some pumping efect.. add a tinny bit of some sort of tube/ valve simulation (like the antares Tube for instance)...

Make all bass bellow 200 Hz (or less) MONO.. there are a few free plug ins for that (Basslane is one)...

Use the shuffle/ groove feat. when producing the track...

Contrary 2 comon belief I think with goovy drums less is more... so don't use 30000 congas, 32456 toms, etc... make it less busy but make sure u keep' em moving but adding small variations in the sequence...

That's some from the top of my head!

Z

Kevin Gorman
30-12-2004, 05:30 PM
what verb plugin uses Freq based?

Debroglie
30-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know if there is something like "Basslane" for MacOSX ?

Barely Human
30-12-2004, 06:49 PM
For the techno im producing at the min, the whole fix of the track is deffo in the compression technique. Also sidechaining different elements to different dynamics can have a good effect while being very subtle in the mix as a whole...

DJZeMigL
30-12-2004, 08:07 PM
well some verbs have a low pass filter and a high pass filter...

othewise stick an eq before de verb (or 2 filters..)

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==