PDA

View Full Version : More from The F.A.T Collective

fatcollective
30-12-2004, 01:51 AM
Hi ppl, heres a couple of tracks for u 2 check out ;)

http://www.fatcollective.com/ktd/6_Million_Ways.MP3

http://www.fatcollective.com/ktd/Substance_Abuser.MP3

6 Million is something I came up with after digging through some old hip hop samples. Not completely sure about the level of the ride, sounds ok on my monitors but a bit rough on the hi fi. Any opinions on that appreciated
Substance Abuser is aiming for a deeper groove that hopefully makes you wanna shake your ass .
Some honest feedback for both tunes would as ever be very welcome.

Thanks

Jonny Smart

dan the acid man
30-12-2004, 08:29 PM
the ride i s alittle loud, or maybe it's a little too shhssy, if you know what i mean, im also finding the track missing a hook, i would personally add a synth line.

substance abuser: the kick is a little too overpowering, the background hats dont sound right either, i would personally take a litle distortion off them and pan them a little more.
Its got more of a hook though than the other track
:cool:

dirty_bass
30-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Ok, listened to the second one first.
I like the tune a lot but it needs loads of work on the mix.

The kick is way too present, and needs dropping back.
Overall the track lacks brightness and clarity, and needs loads of excitation in the top end and high mid.

Are you using new monitors? if you are not only will the cones need a breaking in period, but it will take your ears a fair old time to learn em too.

The first tune has the same problems as above with the mix.
There`s an overall lack of dynamic, everything sounds very flat.
This tune was a bit too samey for me.

Really like the first one.

BeN Drill
08-01-2005, 12:36 AM
:clap: i like that funky fresh style of " 6 million ways" .. little too much voicefx but the fat baseline kick it into the green level

greets from austria :dance:

BeN

www.bendrill.net

acidsaturation
29-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Nice and dirty and funky all at once... HArd to tell on the production 'cos I think it lost something in the compression. Would get me dancing though!

acidsaturation
29-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry... that was referring to 6 million ways btw

278d7e64a374de26f==